• Ikon 2.2
    • Ardent 2.25

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it have to be maxxis rad?

Price hahaha... CWC has them at R450 a tyre... Anything more I think is a waste of money...

Price hahaha... CWC has them at R450 a tyre... Anything more I think is a waste of money...

Hey I hear you, bought 2 of them 2 weeks ago when they were 299 a pop from cwc. I got a bad cut on one during j2c day 7. Not sidewall, but on the tread....didn't think I will go them a go after that again, but at 299...its a bargain. They are light and convert tubeless pretty easily.

Hey I hear you, bought 2 of them 2 weeks ago when they were 299 a pop from cwc. I got a bad cut on one during j2c day 7. Not sidewall, but on the tread....didn't think I will go them a go after that again, but at 299...its a bargain. They are light and convert tubeless pretty easily.

Which ones where those?

Which ones where those?

EXO / 3c / TR

The top dog, but they went quick hey....well you can think at 299 a tyre, okess were buying tyres for the next 3 years

If you have Stans ZTR wheels stay away from the GEAX You will never put those tyres on those wheels. I speak of 1st hand experience. if I were you I would go with Conti Mountain King Front and Race King on the rear Or X King front and rear

If you have Stans ZTR wheels stay away from the GEAX You will never put those tyres on those wheels. I speak of 1st hand experience. if I were you I would go with Conti Mountain King Front and Race King on the rear Or X King front and rear

Thanks I have Arch EX's don't want that problem...

Thanks I have Arch EX's don't want that problem...

Lekker thing with stan's rims and ikon or racing ralphs are you can get a seal going with a footpump. No need for bombs or visit to the garage.

Anybody ridden both?

Hi

Ek het met hierdie jaar se Epic met Ardent agter en Ikon voor gery. My rede vir die Ardent agter, sy sidewalls is sterker as die Ikon en mens is meer geneig om sidewall cuts op agterwiel te kry. Die ander rede is dat sy nobblies verder uitmekaar is en sy grip dan beter is. Baie mense verskil van my, maar my dae van motorcross het dit op dieselfde prinsiep gewerk en dit was ook Maxxis. Ikon voor, lekker spoed tyre! Ek ry steeds met dieselfde kombinasie van tyres en hier in Worcester met ons klippe/leiklip grond, het ek nog met geen probleme gesit nie.

Hoop dit werp so klein bietjie lig op jou keuses......

Have a look at the spez ground control as well.

Hi

Ek het met hierdie jaar se Epic met Ardent agter en Ikon voor gery. My rede vir die Ardent agter, sy sidewalls is sterker as die Ikon en mens is meer geneig om sidewall cuts op agterwiel te kry. Die ander rede is dat sy nobblies verder uitmekaar is en sy grip dan beter is. Baie mense verskil van my, maar my dae van motorcross het dit op dieselfde prinsiep gewerk en dit was ook Maxxis. Ikon voor, lekker spoed tyre! Ek ry steeds met dieselfde kombinasie van tyres en hier in Worcester met ons klippe/leiklip grond, het ek nog met geen probleme gesit nie.

Hoop dit werp so klein bietjie lig op jou keuses......

Jy kort 'n Ardent ook voors ;)

They are for a 29 Hardtail currently on Racing Ralphs 2.25....

I use Ralph's at the moment, and find them to be very soft. It gets punctures just looking at them.

I use Ralph's at the moment, and find them to be very soft. It gets punctures just looking at them.

Snakeskin....haibo, I can't believe?

Thats my problem at the moment...

I got 4 punctures on saturday, maybe just unlucky.

What sealant do you use with the Ralph's, the sealant I have in, not sure what it is. The sealant takes forever to seal, by the time the tiny hole is sealed I no air left in my tires

I got 4 punctures on saturday, maybe just unlucky.

What sealant do you use with the Ralph's, the sealant I have in, not sure what it is. The sealant takes forever to seal, by the time the tiny hole is sealed I no air left in my tires

Stan's for the win.....never had an issue. The standard schwalbe evo tyres are hondnaai....if it doesn't say snakeskin, I won't go on my bike.