Where: Vyeboom, Between Grabouw and Villiersdorp, Western Cape
Category: MTB

IDEAFRUIT MTB and Trail run

SUNDAY 1 SEPTEMBER 2013

DISTANCES MTB: 55 km, 35 km, 15 km

TRAIL RUN: 15km, 7.5km

STARTING TIMES MTB: 55 km @ 09h00, 35 km @ 09h20, 15 km @ 09h50

TRAIL RUN: 15km @ 09h15 ; 7.5km @ 09h30

ENTRY FEES MTB: between R30 - R120 (depends on distance and when you enter etc.)

TRAIL RUN: R50 & R80

ORGANISING COMMITTEE Ideafruit (Pty) Ltd

VENUE Vyeboom Pack Shed (close to Villiersdorp)

ENQUIRIES Naomi Potgieter

PHONE (021) 851 0126

EMAIL Naomi@ifruit.co.za

PRIZE GIVING 13h30

CUT-OFF 15h00

PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE 29 August 2013

MTB Pre-entries and more information: http://www.pedalpowe...-and-trail-run/

Trail Run more information: http://trailrunning....1&&type=current

Trail Run pre-entries: http://www.entrytime...fo&EventID=3918

MTB ROUTE DESCRIPTION:

The 15 km route starts at Ideafruit's pack house in Vyeboom, between Grabouw and Villiersdorp. Being one of the most picturesque areas in the Western Cape, you will be rewarded with great views of the Theewaterskloof dam as you wind your way through fruit orchards. It is a great starter route for the young and novice riders.

The 35 km route is an extension of the 15 km route and is aimed at less fit or less experienced riders. The route meanders through beautiful orchards and over a few rolling hills before finishing on the banks of the Theewaterskloof dam. It consists mostly of well-maintained farm roads with fairly good surface, but there are one or two technical sections with steep climbs which will test rider skills.

The 55 km route starts off with an additional 20km loop which has some steep climbs and technical roads before it joins the 35km route. This rewarding route will take riders through apple-, pear and berry orchards, as well as part of the Groenlandberg. Some technical sections and pretty rough jeep track will test the fit rider’s skills and reward them with breath-taking views of the valley and the Theewaterskloof dam. The second, faster part of the route will take finishers to the final stretch on the banks of the Theewaterskloof dam.

TRAIL RUN ROUTE DESCRIPTION:

15km Trail run:

This beautiful run is both for the fit and adventure seeking. Within the first 2km you can expect to come across a Blesbok or Zebra as you make your way through a private game reserve as you climb the initial ascent. You will have to do a little bit of bundu-bashing and might even endure wet feet, but this is not in vain as from there it is mostly smooth orchard trails with stunning views of the the waterskloof dam and mountains. The last 2km takes runners to the shores of the dam onto hard packed sand and rocky patches to the finish.

7.5km Trail run:

The shorter route initially follows the 15km route but turns off to take you on a more direct route to the dam with smooth orchard trails and beautiful views to the finish on the the waterskloof dam's shore.

DIRECTIONS TO VENUE

Take the N2 direction Grabouw. At the Peregrine Farm stall take the turn-off to Grabouw. Take the first turn-off on your right to Villiersdorp R321 (at 'Two-a-day'). About 23 km's down this road you will go through a small town Vyeboom. Just follow the road until you see the IdeaFruit Packshed on your right, opposite the Theewaterskloof Dam. About 50minutes drive from Somerset West.

Registration and late entries from 7am - 9am at the venue.

Medals to all finishers.

Lots of great lucky draw prizes.

Entertainment for the kids and food and drink stalls also available.

FREE BIKE WASH - SPONSORED BY VAN DER VYVER TRANSPORT

Go to Event Page

• 2 months later...

If you were wondering - this event is still taking place!! We are building bridges etc. for where the water might be a bit deep. It is not a 'muddy route' in general and all of it is accessible by a 4x4 / bakkie. Come and enjoy it!! Free bike wash (sponsored by Van der Vyver transport), as well as Squirt biodegradable bish wash supplies and LOTS of prizes!!!!!

More sun on that side of the mountain!! (where we will be). And awesome scenery of snow on the mountains! YEAH!!

Skipping. Too much rain and standing water, also Franshoek pass is closed, so must drive to Somerset West from Paarl and then all the way back to Villiersdorp. More than double the km than driving from Paarl over Franschoek pass. Save my money and my bike.

I'm there! Was the PPA event of the year last year. Its beautiful out there and now there's breakfast as well!

Any idea where we can find a route profile. Are you guys shortening any routes because of water damage.

On PPA

More sun on that side of the mountain!! (where we will be). And awesome scenery of snow on the mountains! YEAH!!

Hi Naomi

Will there be warm showers after the race?

What is the GPS Co-Ordinates to the start venue, as the ones supplied on the PPA newsletter is to your offices in Somerset West.

Thanks

So? Any feedback on the race. i did not make it, rained all night and I chickened out. What happened, how was the race?

So? Any feedback on the race. i did not make it, rained all night and I chickened out. What happened, how was the race?

never rained through out the race & day turned out to be awesome. Route was muddy as hell. Started long route but bailed half way as I lost my rear brakes. Would Love to do in more dryer conditions, views were amazing.