Gauteng League 2007

Spinnekop

So....
A lot of questions regarding league racing / Gauteng not getting enough rider participation etc.

How about this.
The entry fee comes out of the club.  The individuals do not pay entry fee to the race.  (Nominate riders of coarse) (Maximun of say 20 riders to choose from during the year of participation should one be sick or dead)

Races:

1FebruaryKlapperkop Ind TTTo get individual timings
2AprilPelindabaHilly course for the mountain goats
3JuneKermesseFor the speedfreaks
4AugustUnion BuildingsBalanced hills / Climbs / Good annual ride with Beeld and Tuks
5OctoberIndividual TTFinal chance to change the standings
Cost structure
*Each club has to pay R10 000.00 entry fee
*The total price money in the end of the year is the total kitty cathered from the entry fees.  
i.e. 5 teams = R50 k
*Price money devided 
Best club20%
Best male rider5%
Best female rider5%
Best VET male5%
Best VET Female5%
Charity nominated by winning club50%
Organiser10%

REMENBER!!!  This is only a proposal.
If we get the big guys, i.e. SAB / Sasol / Beeld / Chunky's pharmacutical company to sponsor some money, this can become big!!!!

Any comments!??

Good idea Spinnekop , but the biggest problem I see is marketing.

ewep38946.3799537037

R 10 000 entry fee? Won't this immediately exclude the smaller clubs. You will then only have like you say 5 or 6 clubs taking part in this. Maybe reduce the entry fee and get more clubs to particiate. Isn't that what the club leque should be about?

IanC.
Yes......as I have said.  This is only an idea!!  R10k for a sponsor is not much!!  And each club can sign 20 riders.  That is R500 per rider. 

As said before....Make it R1 000.  Make it R20 000.  I don't know.  It is a pinch in the dark.  Make something off it.  Dont.
So far the responses are dead....SO.....Nothing will happen....Another set of boring Rooiwal races up for grabs in 2007......smiley19.gif

Maybe some of the clubs should get together and each club get a change to present one of the legs, or a group of clubs togeteher. Say Pretoria clubs do some, the East Rand and so on?