Northern Farm, mud and new signage

Honkdonk

Big up to the crew who have put the new signage up at Northern Farm. 5 routes with the black one giving good mileage.

But WTF is with the mud? Winter is supposed to be dry, but damn, there are some hectic muddy sections that would give the Spruit a run for its money in the middle of rainy season with burst sewer pipes all over the show...

Never in the 5 years I been riding there have I experienced it like this. No worries though, I'll just HTFU

#justsaying

Big up to the crew who have put the new signage up at Northern Farm. 5 routes with the black one giving good mileage.

But WTF is with the mud? Winter is supposed to be dry, but damn, there are some hectic muddy sections that would give the Spruit a run for its money in the middle of rainy season with burst sewer pipes all over the show...

Never in the 5 years I been riding there have I experienced it like this. No worries though, I'll just HTFU

#justsaying

Last week I sunk in up to my BB in that mud. Good fun tho. How long is the black route?

#justsaying

Yea was there on Sat and its the most mud I have seen in a long time....especially on that newish section close to the river...it was like a marsh. Also not moaning, just confused since the rest of the place is bone dry

Is the black route at least technical or is it black because of the distance?

Its black because well.....the mud is black that you ride through

Was there yesterday for the first time in 3 years. Very nice singletrack and also wondered where the mud came from.

But all round a nice day out and enjoyed it, and the egg roll at the end was a lifesaver

The vegetation (grass type) leads to the theory that that area is historically a seep. Probably dictated through geology of the area and infiltration of rainfall at the higher elevations to form a shallow aquifer which then releases water through the winter season. If I'm right, it's going to be ugly in the summer.

The top of Stefano's loop was also very wet at one time but has since shown signs of drying.