2013 Vuelta a España

Butterbean

Very interesting GC after that hilly TT

Nibs in red.

Roche and Horner makes up the virtual podium.

And a bunch of chasers in Valverde, Basso and co.

Think it's between Valverde and Nibs now.

But then I've been wrong on every call!

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Grumps I know you won't mind if I am a little smug... ;-)

:lol: - Ha, Ha, Naa, its okay, he was good on the day, no denying that.

So probably a day for the sprinters today, who is it gonna be, Tyler Farrar has been noticeable by his absence so far, maybe its his turn, or maybe Boasson Hagen?.......I dunno, as I have had it wrong most times, I am covering my bases now, in all likelihood it will be some one totally out of context for the stage,........ so maybe Rodriguez.?? :rolleyes:

Edited by GrumpyOldGuy

Current UCI points table standings:

1 Froome 587

2 Sagan 409

3 Rodriguez 390

4 Quintana 366

5 Cancellara 355

Edited by nickc

Pity for Pozzovivo at 6th on GC - punctures just outside the 3km mark from today's finish....

:-(

Ah nuts... I was hoping GB would pull through the whole season with out a win. It'd become such a 'thing' that now it looks like poor year. If he'd stayed winless he could have stuck with the 'got the hoops don't need to prove a thang to anyone, it's my year!' line.

Now he looks like he couldn't find the line until it was pretty much done and dusted. ;)

Good on him though, EBH has had a shocker.

So probably a day for the sprinters today, who is it gonna be, Tyler Farrar has been noticeable by his absence so far, maybe its his turn, or maybe Boasson Hagen?.......I dunno, as I have had it wrong most times, I am covering my bases now, in all likelihood it will be some one totally out of context for the stage,........ so maybe Rodriguez.?? :rolleyes:

“They’re all uphill finishes!” Farrar said in exasperation at the finish line. “In the book it look likes nothing, but that was a one, one-and-a-half K climb to the finish. It was harder than we thought it would be.”

“I got a bee in my mouth. It was scary. I couldn’t get it out. I tried to swallow it, eventually, I coughed it up... “I felt good this morning, but I kept it close to Nibali. I have a good shot at retaking the red jersey.”

Horner, after yesterday's TT