Event Name: Leeuwenboschfontein 3 Day MTB Event
When: 14 December 2013 - 16 December 2013
Where: Leeuwenboschfontein Guest Farm, Touwsriver, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Leeuwenboschfontein 3 Day MTB Event

Distances: 33 to 35 for Medium distance and 65 to 75 for "long" distance

2Km Kiddies Race Sat afternoon

15km Trail run or mtb ride on Saturday

Terrain: mostly jeep track and technical sections on the longer distance with single track on new stage 3

Accommodation: Leeuwenboschfontein Guest Farm, camping and self catering cottages. More accommodation in area see the Makadas website for info

Other activities: fishing, swimming, running, kiddies race, zipline, five 4x4 trails in area, hiking etc

This event is especially organised for riders to bring the whole family and camp and kuier together over the weekend. We have a spitbraai on a big lawn on Saturday eve and the athmosphere is magical, people make picnic on blankets on the grass, kids play and the holiday spirit is in the air.

The 2km Kiddies race on Saturday afternoon has become a highlight for the really small kids

We have limited camping available on the farm and as soon as you have entered you can book a spot, when the campsite is full we close entries and only with proof of accommodation will an entry be given.

Entries are filling up fast and is sold out every year long before the event.

To enter visit www.roag.co.za

More info on this event: www.makadasadventures.co.za

Go to Event Page

• 2 months later...

We have a few things up our sleeve this year..

We working together with Oakpics to bring a photographic workshop to the farm, this will be for those not riding.

It will be affordable as you already have your accommodation and food sorted and just need to attend.

Keep watching the Makadas website for more info on this.

Then we adding one brand new stage this year: You will be doing the awesome trails and single track of Gecko Rock where the Star Gazer is held yearly. NOT TO BE MISSED!

We have a few things up our sleeve this year..

We working together with Oakpics to bring a photographic workshop to the farm, this will be for those not riding.

It will be affordable as you already have your accommodation and food sorted and just need to attend.

Keep watching the Makadas website for more info on this.

Then we adding one brand new stage this year: You will be doing the awesome trails and single track of Gecko Rock where the Star Gazer is held yearly. NOT TO BE MISSED!

Any news on the photographic workshop?

Yes we have space still.

It is hard for me to know what do you mean by average fitness (this is all relative), but in general yes you should be able to complete it.

Oh and also remember you enter for the event and not for the long or medium distance, cost is the same and the number boards identical. You may choose to do the long or medium route at the start of the day or even when you get to the split in the route.

This event is not timed and it is not a race and we stress the point that we do not want racing mentality on the event....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did this last year - broke my ribs on the first stage but people were nice, route was not difficult except for the sand and a lekker challenge

Did this last year - broke my ribs on the first stage but people were nice, route was not difficult except for the sand and a lekker challenge

yup weet van die sand :)

Edited by CatGirl