And the Hubs biggest loser is.....

Tell you what! We have a braai tonight so I will go buy some stout and try it again tonight. Which one/brand should I get?

I drink either the Castle milk stout or buy a Guiness or two. The Castle route will be cheaper though should you not like it ;)

Agree 100%, Guiness my favourite :drool:

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have consistently lost weight on and off since 2010... Down from 135kg to about 105kg now.

I tottered around 100kg for the first time since school days about 6 months ago but didn't break it.

I have upped training and healthy eating, I plan to be at 95kg by the end of January!

Thanks for the encouragement!

(I can also vouch for the stock standard Giant mtbiking rims PC100 whatevers! Heavy but super super strong)

A few changes were necessary:

1. NO junk food!! (after a race sometimes I will crave pizza but then make my own healthier dough and use healthy toppings.

2. Replace carbs (potatoes, rice, BREAD) with more complex/healthier carbs (sweet potato, brown/natural rice and no more bread if I really must have bread I will mabake my own rye)

3. I implemented a 5 min rule, after eating and still feeling hungry wait 5-10minutes and if you're still hungry get some. Most of the time though I'm not.

4. Cut out red meat to a large extent replace with fish and chicken and I make the meanest black bean and ostrich patties if I feel like a burger.

5. Loads of greens (luckily I have always loved vegs)

Then really just training more structured. You have to bring in weight training as well as lean muscle burns more fat.

Train between 60-70% of your max heart rate as this is where you burn mostly fat for energy. More than that you start burning muscle and less than that you use more energy from glycogen stores in muscles.

And keep going at it, I got stuck on just above 100kg for probably 3 weeks or so and really had to keep my mind strong to get up every morning. But once I broke 100 it was such a boost that I went down to 95 the next month.

I always said then that I wouldlike to weigh 90 again as I have a muscular build anyway and will never be 75 or rather will look sick if I do.

I ave since broken 90 and want to get to between 83 and 85. I think that will be a good fighting weight.

Oh and don't believe in BMI calculators go and have it worked out by someone who knows and takes into account your build etc. As by those standards I am still grossly overweight which is K@K!! :)

And then lastly some grace to carry you through ;)

BELIEVE and ACHIEVE dont wait till next year. There is a time to let things happen and a time to make things happen.

NOW is the time to MAKE them happen!!!

Nice! My wife is on slender wonder, she has had awesome results. I follow the same eating plan for lunch and dinner and have managed to get rid of 6kg I want to get to around 85 tho. Just have not had much time to train tho. Any way. Well done and keep it up!!

Yep! I started at 95kg, and now clock 87. Going down slowly. Because of my build anything below 80 is a no go (my avatar will then be a real picture of me). 83kg is my goal for the Argus. Getting there!

I have consistently lost weight on and off since 2010... Down from 135kg to about 105kg now.

I tottered around 100kg for the first time since school days about 6 months ago but didn't break it.

I have upped training and healthy eating, I plan to be at 95kg by the end of January!

(I can also vouch for the stock standard Giant mtbiking rims PC100 whatevers! Heavy but super super strong)

I turned at +130 earlier this year after stopping smoking. Countless in door trainer hrs and around 1750kms on the bike later and am down to 110 - was 105 in matric so that is my target.

Must say I haven't really changed my eating habits. If I stuff myself my weight stays constant - any normal eating and I start to drop and best of all it has been 108 days since my escape from smoking and I have never felt better!

Cool man well done. Don't stop. It's a lifestyle !

Okay I am late to this topic..

But bloody hell guys fantastic stuff.. that takes a lot of effort and dedication.

:clap:

Gerhard !.. you lost more than a person, insane, crazy, bloody fantastic!!! :clap:

Thanks a lot Gen , keeping it off is easy on a bicycle!

I had always been fit and never overweight but went through a tough patch the last two years and picked up a lot of weight, up to 108kg to be exact.

In March this year I decided that no one is going to change this but me and I started training more seriously and structured and eat right.

So it started....

I am 88.6 kg this morning :) so almost 20kg down from March.

Here are some before and afters.

I know there's still more work to do but it is now a lifestyle and much easier to do than when I started out.

My cycling has gone from strength to strength and really just back on track with confidence etc.

So if you carrying an extra few pounds just get stuck in and DON'T quit!!! If you get stuck just keep going that happens and when you start moving again it feels freakin awesome!!!

You look so different, well done Izak!

I need to get a new ID document, they're gave me hassles at OR Tambo last week.... But I'll keep it as a reminder of bad eating and no exercise and smoking 30 a day

post-36051-0-34706100-1385041055_thumb.jpg

Oh and don't believe in BMI calculators go and have it worked out by someone who knows and takes into account your build etc. As by those standards I am still grossly overweight which is K@K!! :)

BMI is a lot of crock.

Since you working with somebody you should know your body fat ?

Age ?

(If you want to share)

Well done to all the guys that have and are managing to change their body's/life !!!!

BMI is a lot of crock.

Age ?

(If you want to share)

Well done to all the guys that have and are managing to change their body's/life !!!!

I agree with you as my current BMI suggests I am obese but it don't have any body fat left. I have a large bone structure that BMI does not taken into consideration.

BMI is a lot of crock.

Age ?

(If you want to share)

I am not working with someone but just know that the normal old calculator crap is nonsense.

I will go for a body fat measurement within a few weeks and post back ( I set a date for 10/12/2013 to reach my goal so will go then ;) ) I am 35 now.

You've actually made me want to know now hehehe maybe see how my day goes tomorrow....

Another thing, now that I have changed my lifestyle and don't buy the crap I used to I notice so MANY other people buying these products , if only they know HOW bad it's for them.

Look around you next time you're in a grocery store, people are loading op on sweets, fizzy cool drinks and processed foods. Plus it costs them a fortune......

Another thing, now that I have changed my lifestyle and don't buy the crap I used to I notice so MANY other people buying these products , if only they know HOW bad it's for them.

Look around you next time you're in a grocery store, people are loading op on sweets, fizzy cool drinks and processed foods. Plus it costs them a fortune......

Yeah it's amazing how it really just changes your perspective. When I got into photography seriously a few years back I would 'see' shots all of a sudden, where normally I would have just seen a tree.

Same thing here ;) I always look for opportunities to make food that still tastes lekke and I can enjoy but is healthy. Trust me once you get into that frame of mind it becomes easy or much easier at the least.

One thing I WILL not give up is my red wine though. I will rather cut somewhere else or train more but that is one thing I said from the start. That is my reward for a hard workout or day at work just to kick off shoes and relax a bit with a good dry red in my hand. :)

Further to my previous post ... If you can give up alcohol completely it will also make a huge difference.

I chose to at least keep a vice.

You can't have an in shape body and your mind and soul is worn out!! ;)

Archived