And the Hubs biggest loser is.....

A bit of perspective in pictures...hectic.

I say again; 3 bags of dog food guys, 3 bags of dog food! :whistling:

post-36036-0-55498000-1378880237_thumb.jpg

Nice one :thumbup: Well done, but I see that you are missing your head, that's a good few kg's right there.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well done. Just keep it going, its a lifestyle now. I have 5 kg to go but battling. Riding a hard 35km a day and a 80km on a Saturday and a Sunday. Just cant get that last 5kg to go. Looking back my body fought me every time I tried to break through a 5kg target.... I am going to eat a little less and see what happens....

Mix up the exercise regime a bit, do some running & weights if possible, unless you doing that already. Diet will more then likely be a factor as well, certain foods may not agree with your body & blood type :thumbup:

Nice one :thumbup: Well done, but I see that you are missing your head, that's a good few kg's right there.

Thanks buddy. And you know what, you’re absolutely right… that’s the great thing about working incredibly hard towards a weight loss goal; your confidence (for some of us a great unknown) expands as your butt shrinks…

Because they're more happy without their shirts on!

Seriously. That's how it is. Aaaanyway. Tokai Forest is calling me...

Ride as hard as you can at least 80% of the time. Dont chat to your riding buddies while you ride,good to be in a group for safety but just focus on keeping your tempo high.

Here's a slighty different take on loosing too - one that's less visible but just as much, if not more, of a health risk...

Resting heart rate

Unfit me, prior to cycling: 70% of max

1 month of cycling: 60% of max

6 months of cycling: 40% of max

now (just over a year): 35% of max

Sitting at my desk during work hours (roughly 50 hours a week), my heart is now beating half as slow as it was a year ago.

Missed my spinning today, reading this I'm going home to spin tonight. Two years ago I was a heart attack waiting to happen, FFWD to now I'm 10 k's lighter now thanks to my mate, feeling so much better. The comments about "are you all alright?" are pretty funny and true. In fact the result: My loss in weight motivated about ten people I know to join in the 94.7 this year, they're busy buying / borrowing bikes to ride for a cause - all thanks to my mate who is soooo much fitter than me, will never go back or stop riding now.

Ride as hard as you can at least 80% of the time. Dont chat to your riding buddies while you ride,good to be in a group for safety but just focus on keeping your tempo high.

The way I ride its an hour long slog up to the uppermost point and then (trying to) smash it down. Then back up a bit more for a different section, then back down. Also do some strength / crossfire style body weight training at home and control portion sizes. The last one has been the biggest motivator of the drop in weight so far.

And when you're all burnt up? What you do then? Take a lekker year off for a sabbatical?

And when you're all burnt up? What you do then? Take a lekker year off for a sabbatical?

Not dissing your accomplishment boet. Well done man. Love a good ending.

Well done guys!! Here is a before and after pic of me as well...

Lost +-20kg. Went from around 93kg down to around 73kg at that time.

Added a bit this winter that I need to get rid of tho...

I'm telling u its the hair!! ;)

post-30890-0-57145000-1378962478_thumb.jpg

Jissie boet, you have a hot wifey.

Wow well done man!

Holy crap waht a difference 20kg made on you!!! Well done mate.

Archived