Flagging on Strava

LouisLipz

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to try and sparkle a debate and nothing personal against what you said, but it is that exact mindset that has me saying I detest intervals.

That particular demographic all take the same approach and later on in bites them back and they suffer burnout.

One also needs to be honest to one self, if time is extremely limited, we need to also understand that the results will and should actually be a good reflection of that time.

I think what you mean is that one still needs to have balance in their "training diet" to maintain enthusiasm. I agree.

I only do intervals when peaking for an event and not simply year round for that reason.

I don't strava, not for any particular sinister reason other than I have never bothered to register or consistently use my garmin E500.

However after a hubber posted requests for strava routes awhile back I started looking into it and found it very useful to check / spy for trails or routes in my area that I don't know about.

Now I just got to figure out how to download routes into my E500 so I can find and follow the trails....

Flagged is when someone tags your ride as illegitimate(almost wanna say illegal, but the anti-stravists will have a fit) and then strava removes it.

The function is there for ppl who forget their devices on while driving, or maybe the odd 1 or 2 that decide to be funny and go do a section in a car or motorbike.

I think Strava is awesome and it has helped me train a lot. I attack those hills nearly as hard as I would in a race, which is something I struggle to do on my own. It's also very cool for tracking your progress.

Thank you for helping us newbies with your answer ... :clap:

Now I just got to figure out how to download routes into my E500 so I can find and follow the trails....

Once you have, pse share that knowledge.

Digital epo... gold!

Should hear the amount of whinging the strava poms are doing after the Pros tore up the road in the Prudential Ride London event and then uploaded them. Not getting them back any time soon!

They've killed the everyones KOMs and there is online howling to get pro's banned from the orange beast... ahhhh, shame.

LOVE Strava - have found some amazing rides and places I would never have known of.

BUT BEWARE of being sucked into the Strava "black hole" there is no way out and you are in before you know it.

To OP - you might already be in too deep.

An amazing tool (for free) for training.

Once in a while clear all your rides and start over again. (Naaaahhh!)

If you can do that you're OK!