Handle Bar for Enduro Build

G-Unit

I'm running 720mm, 12.5mm rise, 4 degrees up, 8 degrees back (Answer Protaper) on my Stumpy. I'm quite happy with the rise, but want to go a bit wider still (750mm). Are the guys at your LBS dirt-roadies by any chance?

Nah, they're no-nonsense AM riders. They didn't even blink an eye when I showed them my flat pedals :ph34r:

Went riding with the one guy and I could tell he knows how to handle his bike down a dodgy trail.

I trust them quite a lot since they have dissuaded me from buying stuff on so many occasions due to it being unnecessary.

What does rise really achieve?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, they're no-nonsense AM riders. They didn't even blink an eye when I showed them my flat pedals :ph34r:

Went riding with the one guy and I could tell he knows how to handle his bike down a dodgy trail.

I trust them quite a lot since they have dissuaded me from buying stuff on so many occasions due to it being unnecessary.

What does rise really achieve?

It makes you feel safer when your bike starts pointing downwards.

Fair point. The thing is though, that when riding the bike this weekend, I can't particularly say that the bigger tyre grips any better - should it? Logically, one should be able to run a lower pressure, but still the 2.35 wasn't wonderful.

How wide are the rims you are using? If they are too narrow, then the tyre has a K@K profile, and it will roll around at lower pressures.

I had this issue with my conti MK 2.4's on ztr arch rims.

How wide are the rims you are using? If they are too narrow, then the tyre has a K@K profile, and it will roll around at lower pressures.

I had this issue with my conti MK 2.4's on ztr arch rims.

I've got ZTR flows - so a pretty good rim IMO.

Thanks for all the feedback. Seems like Renthal is the bar o' choice. No takers for the Spank bars - I'm quite fond of the Stiffy Royala. Gold bling.

I am also looking at these to go with my gold hubs and rims in the near future.

What's you build so far?

Guest Omega Man

Nice.

My DHR was black & gold at one point with Renthals, Kashima 40 and gold hubs. And then I ruined it all by getting red hubs.

Renthal Fatbar Lite. Starts off slightly narrow than the standard Renthal fatbar, but it feels right. Super stiff just like its bigger brother.

Nice.

My DHR was black & gold at one point with Renthals, Kashima 40 and gold hubs. And then I ruined it all by getting red hubs.

hahaha funny story... my gold hub is going onto a red rim for a few months :whistling:

What's you build so far?

A mixed bag of Deore,SLX and XT groupo

Marzocchi 160mm Bomber forks

DT 240s rear hub (to be replaced with Hope)

Hope front hub

Dartmoor Raider rims

on a Moto (to be confirmed)

Guest Omega Man

A mixed bag of Deore,SLX and XT groupo

Marzocchi 160mm Bomber forks

DT 240s rear hub (to be replaced with Hope)

Hope front hub

Dartmoor Raider rims

on a Moto (to be confirmed)

Nice. Like that Moto.

I know this is soooo the wrong thread to ask this, but on a 29'er (Stumpy) running a 75mm stem, what bar rise would you recommend?

Guys at my LBS reckon that a riser bar is not necessary on a 29'er. I think the current bar specs is 720mm, 10mm rise and 10 degree sweep.

http://www.leelikesbikes.com/wp-content/102910saddlebars.jpg Edited by YUMEYA

Running Deity Dirty30s on my bike - 25mm rise, 760mm wide. Perfect for me. Got 'em from Dial'd (dialdbikes.co.za)

Liking the moto! Bit of a pavement special builf with the components tho haha

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

post-10758-1376374269,8375.jpg

post-10758-1376374296,3734.jpg

post-10758-1376374311,578.jpg

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by patches