Should i or not

ScottCM

That's a flippin good price for a full carbon XT laden machine! And yes. It is a good buy.

Maybe it can be converted to 650b?

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol - loving my 2 x 650b's (Flash and Scalpel) and still have 2 x 26" (Prophet and pavement mtb hardtail commuter) but the bigger wheel size is a step up for sure. Cant comment on 29'er never ridden one.

To compare those lightweight xc race machines to a commuter and an all mountain slayer is hardly fair though, is it... on the way down you'd want the prophet when the going got tough.

Point being - for the same bike in niner format you'd be paying north of 50k.

Maybe it can be converted to 650b?

Maybe, but I'd still far rather have a 26" with 2.35" tyres than a 650 conversion with 2.1's. Would be the same overall wheel and tyre size in the end anyway.

How many 26" were there @ the UCI XC in Pmb this weekend? academic of course ....

And yeah, 650b conversion coming for the Prophet this year

Thanks for the reply. I don't want to start another 26 vs 29 argument, but I also think that the 26er has it's advantages just as the 29er, but the only thing that worries me is the climbing abilities of the stumpy. I just don't want to get dropped on the first climb.

If you set the suspension up properly you wont have isseus climbing

Just what I thought. If I just swop the bars and stem and setup the suspension to be better for XC this would be a beast of a bike. Going to the shop before the end of the week to go for a test ride.