Good news for Durban cyclists

MTBc

News24 reports "Ethekwini municipality is in the process of creating about 40km of cycling lanes in Durban and the surrounding townships, which they hope will change the face of transport in the city."

This post has been promoted to a News Article: Click here to view the article

ccs-2-0-24204400-1378380274_thumb.jpg

Edited by Admin

Great!!

And the motorists will obey the cyclist lane rules as they are now.

More people to be mowed down without any possible help from the incompetent police and malfunctioning law society.

More propaganda for the masses I say?

(Sorry, bad day at the office)

The main one along the beachfront from uShaka to the Umgeni Bird Park is awesome. However the linkfrom the Moses Mabhida Stadium precinct to Florida Road and Mitchell Park is an F-up. All they have done is widen the pavement so now you have to dodge pedestrians and even worse, they did not bother to move the lampposts, so if you do have to swerve to avoid a pedestrian, you will just wipe out into one of the poles or have to ramp off the pavement into oncoming traffic!

"According to Carlos Esteves, deputy head of road systems management about R40m has been spent on the lanes. He’s also assured motorists that the new lanes will not cause any inconvenience."

Damn sure they won't be inconienced! All the lanes are on the pavements! ****!

After trying to ride the route, I have decided it is actually safer to ride on the road!

Edited by Dazshell

Great!!

And the motorists will obey the cyclist lane rules as they are now.

More people to be mowed down without any possible help from the incompetent police and malfunctioning law society.

More propaganda for the masses I say?

(Sorry, bad day at the office)

Dude, take a chill pill!