Grant Nathan - Huddle Park

SimpleDom

I have in mind to ask the okes in the office if they will consider opening  the park up once a week (on Wednesday)  for night rides.

Would anyone be interested?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have in mind to ask the okes in the office if they will consider opening  the park up once a week (on Wednesday)  for night rides.

Would anyone be interested?

Yes please. .. but maybe not on Wednesday as we already have modders nearby open late on wed?

Well done to Jess and his team for their efforts! We all know that as a relatively new venue it will take a bit of time to get the trails right and that the distance is limited due to the location. We need to support our local trails and at R20 a pop it is not hard to do so.

I ride there often with my two young MTBer's and they love it! It is safe and ideal for beginners to practice without too much of a technical challenge.

Keep up the good work Jess we will definitely be supporting you in the future!

• 4 weeks later...

is it still R20? thinking of taking a pop in there this afternoon

Yes, the net running along the club street trail just as you start has come loose, and is blowing in the wind. It caught on my handlebar today and I almost saw my ass. Walk that bit!

Was any of you riding along Club yesterday about 5pm. I was sitting in traffic watching a guy with green helmet having the time of his life :(

very jealous

Was any of you riding along Club yesterday about 5pm. I was sitting in traffic watching a guy with green helmet having the time of his life :(

very jealous

Not me, I was there earlier on a green bike though. also having time of life ^_^

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I rode Huddle today just before the rain. Some nice new sections in the making and it looks like they gonna lengthen the trail too. Was fun 

• 1 month later...

Huddle park trails now R50 and same for kids. Bit steep in my opinion considering the length of routes. Thoroughly enjoy riding there but at the new prices would rather ride else where.

Huddle park trails now R50 and same for kids. Bit steep in my opinion considering the length of routes. Thoroughly enjoy riding there but at the new prices would rather ride else where.

Agree 100%, I realise that trail building costs money, but to go from R20 to R40 and now R50 in a matter of weeks.....I'd rather ride elsewhere too.

I agree too. It is near me and I do enjoy it but it is steep for the distances. Modders is nearby and is same price but much greater distances. The Huddle trail is fun but very short and loops back onto itself many times so is not worth R50 for a quick ride. 

I agree too. It is near me and I do enjoy it but it is steep for the distances. Modders is nearby and is same price but much greater distances. The Huddle trail is fun but very short and loops back onto itself many times so is not worth R50 for a quick ride. 

I agree with this 100%. I really enjoy it there, and like going to spend an hour or so there after work or at lunch time, but at 50 bucks a pop? no man, they must get real.

There was talk of an annual ticket - any idea of this is coming to fruition?

I agree with this 100%. I really enjoy it there, and like going to spend an hour or so there after work or at lunch time, but at 50 bucks a pop? no man, they must get real.

There was talk of an annual ticket - any idea of this is coming to fruition?

Yeh that's it. I did the same when it was R20. I don't mind R30. But R50 to make it worthwhile means doing a lot of loops lol. 

I'd be keen for an annual ticket...... also for a weekly night ride, there were security concerns I think around that but I am sure they could get that right as it is not a large area and they have security for the golfers anyway and the golfers tee off at night on the driving range......

I disagree.

The guys at Huddle have provided us with a SAFE and SECURE alternative to Modderfontein which is, to most of us, significantly more convenient. If we all had time to go to Modderfontein during the week, we would. But it is unarguably convenient having a 10km (and probably more soon) track on our doorstep, including the luxuries of a parking lot, restaurant, bike wash and a SAFE family orientated environment. Obviously it will never provide the distances that are offered at Modderfontein (made up of a few farms), but this is a beautiful golf course environment in the middle of Linksfield surrounded by many amenities - not to mention the obvious savings on fuel getting to the this location. The current guys in charge of the track have also made significant improvements to the old track of early 2015 and have built 2 top quality pump tracks which are not commonly found around town. 

Is R50 really SO steep ? 

Archived