Swiss Epic 2014

SwissVan

So did anyone actually go out for this ride?

Is anyone keen to look at this or TransAlp for 2015?

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So did anyone actually go out for this ride?

Is anyone keen to look at this or TransAlp for 2015?

My mates that did it seemed to think that pushing for hours a day was pretty k@k. They certainly are not top cyclists. Maybe the Trans Alps involves more riding, but I don't know...

My mates that did it seemed to think that pushing for hours a day was pretty k@k. They certainly are not top cyclists. Maybe the Trans Alps involves more riding, but I don't know...

That sucks...the pushing thing

Jip.....not many farm roads in the Alps.

Mountain biking in Europe is very very different to SA.Those big 29er wheels are hard to get up the very steep sections.

My SA friends laugh at me when it takes me 5 hours to ride 50km.The 30% climbs are no joke and when you try them on a 1X or 2x gearing it gets more painful.

The Trans-Provence is on my list and I did a few sections in August and there are some killer ascends.

Thiss looks like very cool experience.. wish the rand euro would get a little friendlier for us… 

did transalp 2013. great fun. no hike a bike sections but some mountains that certainly made shed a tear.. 

• 2 weeks later...

So myself and a UK-based mate I met at TransPortugal last year are looking at TransPyrenees 2015 (Google Transpyr).. Basically crossing Spain from Med to Atlantic across the awesome Pyrenees - 7 days, 800k and about 20,000m climbing. Looks more technical than TransAlp but not as hectic as Swiss Epic. Any one else keen?

Archived