H&S Bike-Discount - shipping problems

kosmonooit

I do a lot of on-line shopping from overseas, generally problem-free but this bunch in Germany giving me nightmares.

Tried to get some 650 tyres from them in Dec, shipment never arrived, although they did refund eventually.

Ordered some tyres and an X0 Type 2 RD again beginning Aug, same story,. It gets shipped via DHL to Air Parcel Psot, tracking number they give ends in Germany "processed in the expor parcel centre" on 20th August. DHL here and local SAPO tracking can not provide any further info.

Not much help from the supplier either.

Anyone had similar problems or suggestions what I might do?

Yep.Problem is that they DHL it to SA and then it goes through our post office so is tough to track.Usually takes 3-6 weeks which is crap since you are paying for DHL postage, but that is the only option they give.Best is to try post it to a mate in Europe who then posts it to you.A mate of mine is busy setting up international post boxes(Aramex/Berco).Once this is in place you use that as postage adress(which is usually free) and then Berco will ship it to your address with tracking in 3 days.

Had exactly the same problem. Contacted DHL express, who put me through to DHL mail, who put me through somewhere else.

Eventually got the SA tracking number from these guys:

or

Give them the DHL tracking number and they should be able to find the package and give you the new number

Did need to wait on hold for a while though

buy a lot from germany. zero issues. Does take a sh1tload longer than the express service from CRC, but i knew full well that just because it said they shippin from germany that it wasn't express shipping. which is a pity. They clearly state it's just normal mail service, but using DHL. Any interpretation of speed is your own as a generalisation. Good luck with that :P

but ya, no issues. they have really good prices on tyres.

Seems they send their parcels to RSA via Surface Mail - that's going to take 4-6 weeks at least, and tracking info non existent. H&S Bike-Discount has been really unhelpful.

• 3 months later...

So it routes to SA Post Office so PO Box number should be okay?

Postbox Courier will give you an address in London to have stuff delivered to from Germany. Then they courier into Jo'burg from London within 1-2 days

I've had two non-arrivals from them now, but they did refund (after filing Paypal disputes)

Bongo is another shipping company that gives a virtual address both in the USA and EU, I have used them, they are very good.

If you are shipping to an EU country does that not mean you have to pay EU tax. When I buy from Bike24 it deducts tax as soon as you choose SA.

I haven't used the EU re-shipping service but in the Sates when I used Bongo haven't paid Sales Tax, maybe if its for re=export you don't but worth clarifying.