Santa Cruz Tallboy 2

Tankman

Seeing that this is a Tallboy 2 thread. I want to ask the question about the comparison between a Sworks Epic 29er and Tallboy 2. I want to buy a new frame but are torn between these two?

Need Advice!

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that you can buy Epics as frame only...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the feedback. I will be buying it to ride. I do agree that the S Works has alot more bling especially the new versions.

The answer to my question is one of which one do you want, do you want a MTB that you need to spend a fortune on to service or one that looks the part as well as perform nicely, but does not cost you an arm and a leg.

I am sure it will look a bit wierd starting in one of the last batches with an proper racing machine. :w00t:

Get a Tallboy or settle for a Pimp jumper or a Bling works ! :whistling:

Thanks for all the feedback. I will be buying it to ride. I do agree that the S Works has alot more bling especially the new versions.

The answer to my question is one of which one do you want, do you want a MTB that you need to spend a fortune on to service or one that looks the part as well as perform nicely, but does not cost you an arm and a leg.

I am sure it will look a bit wierd starting in one of the last batches with an proper racing machine. :w00t:

I have an Epic FSR and the Stumpjumper FSR. If you are looking to compare something to the SC I would look the SJ way. More relaxed geometry and more sus travel. Really cool bike and rides like silk. Having said that I'm looking at the SC too. Just something about them.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that you can buy Epics as frame only...

Can do, but s-works only. Comes as a frame, fork and seat post.

Can do, but s-works only. Comes as a frame, fork and seat post.

Oh and retail on the 2014 ........... 57k

Oh and retail on the 2014 ........... 57k

I you're not a pro rider (sponsored) then it would be retarded to buy that frame for 57k

Can you really compare a 'yet to be proven, so far 1 hit wonder, locally designed' frame to a multiple award winning frame ?

U tell me, haven't had the chance to ride either, but they gonna have to be good to beat my Lynskey HT.... And I'm sure my Lynskey pro 29er frame has zero awards.

Can you really compare a 'yet to be proven, so far 1 hit wonder, locally designed' frame to a multiple award winning frame ?

Must agree, would love the Vipa to do well, but it need to prove itself.

I think young Vipa has long way to go before before it can be compared to world class boutique bikes . Nothing against Momsen , but that's running with the big boys .

same as before no?

post-4352-0-70266900-1379395334_thumb.jpg

Not sure if it's that one that was carbon on the previous version, which seemed like a soft spot. I know two guys who cracked their carbon pivots which were replaced by alu ones from Dragons.