Santa Cruz Tallboy 2

Tankman

same as before no?

post-4352-0-70266900-1379395334_thumb.jpg

Not sure if it's that one that was carbon on the previous version, which seemed like a soft spot. I know two guys who cracked their carbon pivots which were replaced by alu ones from Dragons.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if it's that one that was carbon on the previous version, which seemed like a soft spot. I know two guys who cracked their carbon pivots which were replaced by alu ones from Dragons.

Well spotted, had a look through my archive and it does seem like it changed from carbon to alloy. The pivots at the grease points were alloy on the previous model also.

Build from last year:

post-4352-0-20644400-1379480158_thumb.jpg

Going back even further, it was also carbon.

All soft spots eliminated now! :thumbup: :thumbup:

post-4352-0-51885300-1379480522_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tankman

What do the weigh in at now ?

I have the TB1 if I can remember correctly it was about 2.2 kg with the shock .

Must be at least 1.8. Time to upgrade. I will take the Tb1 off your hands to avoid embarassment..

so then what is the price on 1 of these bad boys?

These bad boys are not like any other bike.

You dont just walk into a shop and walk out with one.

They dont come pre-packaged with wheelsets and groupsets with different specs and models like all the other brands does.

You buy the frame only and build it up from there. Very few of these will end up looking exactly the same.

They offer individuality.

It requires planning and is all down to your personal preference and what you dream about.

You can even tell me what colour nipples to use or what colour valve caps, spacer, crank bolts ... what ever your heart desires!

So ... what would you like on your build?

They dont come pre-packaged with wheelsets and groupsets with different specs and models like all the other brands does.

You buy the frame only and build it up from there. Very few of these will end up looking exactly the same.

It requires planning and is all down to your personal preference and what you dream about.

You can even tell me what colour nipples to use or what colour valve caps, spacer, crank bolts ... what ever your heart desires!

For starters a fat cheque book! Edited by Pusher

Just looking for a frame set, much like my Lynskey u put it together with how much u wanna spend.

Looking for a large tall boy 2.

Frame is about 30k with a Fox CTD shock. The rest of the build depends on taste, what you can afford, and what time frames you're looking at completing it in. If you're prepared to wait around for deals/specials on parts, you can get away with a 'reasonable' total build cost.

Just looking for a frame set, much like my Lynskey u put it together with how much u wanna spend.

Looking for a large tall boy 2.

The Tallboy 2 frame and Fox CTD rear shock retails for R33 835.

But pop in with your Lynskey and we will give you a better price while building it over to the Tallboy.

Wait ... aren't we busy doing exactly that right now?

What is the plan for the beautiful Lynskey going forward?

It has SingleSpeed with rigid carbon fork ridden all over it! :drool:

(I can help with that also! :D )

post-4352-0-22247100-1379608805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tankman