First Enduro/AM bike

Nicko

Sorry to hear dude, but at least you got a cool bike in the end.

And if that RS isnt doing its duty up front, you can always space the Fox to 140mm and pop that on :)

Can you space the 2010/2011 F32 forks to 140mm?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the cable routing for the RD working out? Does it rub at all on the swing arm? On mine it runs down the downtube and goes against the shock then onto the swing arm. I wanted to put continuous housing on but wasnt sure if I should keep the same original cabling route?

Run it under. That's how it is on my reign and it works a treat. Effectively uses the lower guides and goes under the linkage. Far neater and far less likely to rub on anything. If the rear triangle is like mine then there are actually ports that you can use to run the cable internally on the rear triangle...

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

Run it under. That's how it is on my reign and it works a treat. Effectively uses the lower guides and goes under the linkage. Far neater and far less likely to rub on anything. If the rear triangle is like mine then there are actually ports that you can use to run the cable internally on the rear triangle...

Thanks, it looks as though there is no ports on my frame.

How is the cable routing for the RD working out? Does it rub at all on the swing arm? On mine it runs down the downtube and goes against the shock then onto the swing arm. I wanted to put continuous housing on but wasnt sure if I should keep the same original cabling route?

I can't really answer that right now. But the cables have been rerouted as you can probably see.

I just bought the bike on monday when I was in cape town, waiting for it to get delivered to durban now. But when inspecting the bike I dont think I noticed much cable rub where the cables are running now.

I bought the bike from a guy in bike shop, and he seemed to know his stuff, so maybe he rerouted the cables up there to neaten up and prevent rub... I'm not sure, just speculating at this point in time.

I can't really answer that right now. But the cables have been rerouted as you can probably see.

I just bought the bike on monday when I was in cape town, waiting for it to get delivered to durban now. But when inspecting the bike I dont think I noticed much cable rub where the cables are running now.

I bought the bike from a guy in bike shop, and he seemed to know his stuff, so maybe he rerouted the cables up there to neaten up and prevent rub... I'm not sure, just speculating at this point in time.

Thanks.

Thanks man, I'm at least happy that I've saved like 10-15k, and still got a pretty capable bike I think.

Goose I sold off that fork I bought from you when my original build collapsed. Yeah will see how the RS goes...

Ok, cool. I'm sure you made your money back... perhaps even a profit? ;)

Can you space the 2010/2011 F32 forks to 140mm?

It was a 2012 FIT RLC, but yes, it was spaced to 140mm when I bought it, I took the spacer out to get it back to 150mm

Thanks, it looks as though there is no ports on my frame.

Should still be better to route them that way. I think it's far neater, personally. Also opens up the top guide for a dropper in the future...

Ok, cool. I'm sure you made your money back... perhaps even a profit? ;)

Yeah just really made my money back, added on 200 to make back what it cost me for shipping. Figured it would be a bit unethical to buy something on the hub, and then sell it 2weeks later for more :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this is a 140mm with headtube angle in that range, so should be good. Giba is pretty smooth, not much in the way of rock gardens etc so you don't really need much travel, I guess what would help me would more be improved geometry rather than suspension travel.

Yeah I've still got a hell of lot to learn, but I would consider my bike skills pretty good. I finished top 30 in the enduro, and considering I was riding a 29er xc bike which is not conducive to the course, and I never pre-rode the course like the top guys, and I foolishly thought having rebound on fully fast would be a good idea (it was like a trampoline on my one run), I could have easily finished a lot higher. Not trying to be arrogant but I think my skills are decent.

Not to pitch to you. But I'm selling my gt force carbon pro once I get the fork back from fox (refurbishing and recoating). I want R18500 for it. Full xtr. 150mm travel. Reverb stealth dropper post(4months old ). But. 69deg head angle. Let me know if you want any pics. Bike only been ridden maybe 7months. Was a demo and I've ridden 4 months with it. (I have 5year warranty ).