Barbell weights

katotter

Good day dubbers,

Cycling is treating me well, but I find it difficult to cycle on a daily basis due to time constraints, getting home late.

I am, or actually was a keen weight trainer before life happened three years ago and I got a baby boy that needs all my attention. Recently I realized I need to do more than cycle to stay in shape and I would like to start by very basic weight lifting exercises at home, like bench press, deadlifts, squats etc... But I need weights to do so. I have done a thorough search on Gumtree, found almost nothing, on OLX there is quite a few, but all in a horrid state.

Where can I search for second hand weights, or who of you want to sell some you don't need?, 200 odd kg's would be enough. I want secondhand ones, as they likely to be the regular size and not Olympic size.

Wouter

forget barbells and dumbells.

Get some kettlebells, you can do insane full body workouts with just 2 of them.

Thank you, I will look into it, but not the kind of weight training I had in mind.

Get yourself a decent pull-up bar and start doing bodyweight exercises.

I do have one that I made, working well, but quite restrictive.

Thank you, I will look into it, but not the kind of weight training I had in mind.

What did you have in mind then?

I actually have got a home weight set that I want to get rid of. 1x barbell bar, 2x dumbell bars and a whole bunch of disks of different weights. If youre interested I can get the details of all the weights.

Do you want to do some weight training to improve your cycling or do you just want to bulk up on unneccessary muscle? If it is to improve your cycling then you shouldn't need more than 100kg's or else as mentioned some kettlebells. You can greatly improve your core strength with kettlebells which will improve your cycling. Have a look at bikejames.com.

What did you have in mind then?

I actually have got a home weight set that I want to get rid of. 1x barbell bar, 2x dumbell bars and a whole bunch of disks of different weights. If youre interested I can get the details of all the weights.

That is exactly what I want, if you would be so kind as to mail me pics (of condition) and quantities to katotter@me.com?

Do you want to do some weight training to improve your cycling or do you just want to bulk up on unneccessary muscle? If it is to improve your cycling then you shouldn't need more than 100kg's or else as mentioned some kettlebells. You can greatly improve your core strength with kettlebells which will improve your cycling. Have a look at bikejames.com.

I forgot to add, I cycle purely for fitness, and do not struggle at all. I am not interested in races etc... So weight training will give me size and rehabilitate my body after my angle grinder accident. Lost a lot of muscle and strength.

That is exactly what I want, if you would be so kind as to mail me pics (of condition) and quantities to katotter@me.com?

They are practically new. I will take some pics tonight when I get home and send to you.

Some more options; A bulgarian bag, basically an old car inner tube filled with sand:

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2011/10/21/minimalist-training-how-to-make-and-use-a-bulgarian-training-bag/

*be careful, can cause back injuries if not used properly.

and some more workouts...

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2013/08/01/dont-be-a-dummy-how-to-get-a-full-workout-with-only-dumbells/