EPO BOOST

Werner Al

Life is to short not to try it .Mix with a bit of growth hormone and testosterone .Man i am getting old .I need all 3

:w00t:

They paste articles on their webpage (I'll believe them more if I see it in a peer reviewed journal), and additionally, if you read the entire article (and not just the abstract), it becomes clear that there are methodological errors in some of the studies reported, and additionally that unrelated outcomes were reported.

So what if your EPO went up slightly? Did it make any physiological difference? Did they control for confounding factors? How is supplementing a persons iron levels going to help you, unless you're anaemic?

And then there is the most significant performance enhancer of them all - the placebo effect - which most of these products produce in bucket loads. Problem is you don't get the effect unless you dish the BS big time.

I went and read their articles. There is one study I have come across that shows a benefit for EPO levels, but no difference in Hb, Hct or VO2max. And a systematic review (much better than anecdotal evidence @ivr32) of the topic concluded that there is little to no benefit in taking high doses of echinacea to improve performance in athletes.

The problem I have with this company is that they plaster their webpage with all this pseudosicence bullsh*t, have a couple of people claim it helped them and start raking in the cash.

Thanks for your reply. I learned a couple of new words today. Had to google half of the things you said :blink:

Thanks for your reply. I learned a couple of new words today. Had to google half of the things you said :blink:

No problem. I am all for supplementation, but I feel that what these types of companies do is nothing short of criminal. They (knowingly) sell the public and glorified sugar pill and make outrageous claims, then charge a fortune for it. It disgusts me.

One of the best things that University has taught me, is to critically appraise a paper and evidence presented to you. Really opens up a whole new world and allows you to see through the marketing. There is a book: Bad Science by Ben Goldacre (I think it was mentioned above), that is brilliant and explains all these concepts in a factual and entertaining way, without the need for an epidemiological qualification.

Yes! this is awesome. Now I dont need to train. I can just pop a few pills/potions and start winning races.

Seriously. If you think ANY of this stuff makes the slightest difference you're delusional. Get off your ass and go ride your bike

Of course it makes a difference. My wallet is just that much lighter so I should climb abit better.