Berg and Bush 2013

Ratty

I hope they have reinstated Everest's descent off Spionkop for the 2 day ... Thats some of the best trail ever!

So fast!

They better have that descent on the 2 day! I did it at the SSWC and last year's Descent and you're right it is something special. I'm back doing the 2 day this year with my wife and I just assumed they would have it in.

If it's not in I think we should ask Farmer Green if we can go back up the mountain sometime during the weekend and ride it?

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

C batch - been off for 3 weeks with flu. Now crapping myself

Look after yourself. Read on the K2C post that one guy road himselve into an ambulance straight into hospital....after having a bout of flu the previous week before the event.

Slow and steady........with HR monitor bells set at loud and lowered intensity zones.

+1

A lot of Hubs in C batch......time for some interesting CSI initiative (fun).

First to identify me will be rewarded with a cold one (or whatever your poison is). My Hub name represents my riding form (not style).

See you all the start.

I'm missing something. Where on the website can you see the batches?

I'm doing the Great Trek for the first time. When we received yesterday's newsletter, the tag which sent us to what we should take with us, which is of interest to me, was faulty. Did anyone have the same problem?

Edited by Mikesa9

They better have that descent on the 2 day! I did it at the SSWC and last year's Descent and you're right it is something special. I'm back doing the 2 day this year with my wife and I just assumed they would have it in.

If it's not in I think we should ask Farmer Green if we can go back up the mountain sometime during the weekend and ride it?

that new track that they put in off Spionkop is cool, but its all too manicured IMO ... Everest was awesome as it was open .. ROCKY ... and flatout - I had run out of gears going down there when we were filming for the TV production with the Chopper.

And the nice thing with it is you can pass quite easily.

That new tracks cool but i find it meanders too much and doesnt feel like a hardcore descent.

Edited by nigelhicks

thoughts about that JOJO tunnel they are building?

that thing is going to sink

it is also very very dark in there

Hey guys

Something has come up medically and my partner and I have decided to pull out of the berg and bush. If you know of anyone looking for a 2 day entry-please ask them to contact me on 079 539 5211, Ideally we'd like to try get back our full amount for the entry, it not then we may still do it.

Thanks in advance for your help

Bianca

Taking a bit of a long shot here but coming from Cape Town with rental vehicle etc our logistics are an absolute mess - was wondering if any of you kind hubbers may have space for a bike (or two) and if possible the riders as well from Drakensville to the start of the Great Trek on Tue morning? Riders shouldn't be too much hassle to sort out....the bikes are a bit of a problem though.

Edited by TYGA

@Tyga - I should be able to assist with at least one bike from Drakensville to the start.

Pls PM for contact details