emergency mechanical issue in the southern suburbs

HelloKitty

Hi - hubby and I preparing for a Lourensford Spur tomorrow and his jockey has gone!!!!!!!

(i'm sure there are more technical way to explain this)

Anyone know of an emergency mechanic is the souther suburbs area (CT) that would be happy to do a quick fix so we are still able to ride tomorrow

his rear mech is vrek. maybe the spring broke?

i think he will have to go single speed if he can't get the rear mech replaced or fixed in time.

Explain gone?

on certain gear changes the jockeys pulls"up" and out of position, this movement is also accompanied by a clicking noise. we picked it up this afternoon, the derailer was reset. i think it's probably some minor adjustment that's needed - but alas, am completely incompetent in this regard.

on certain gear changes the jockeys pulls"up" and out of position, this movement is also accompanied by a clicking noise. we picked it up this afternoon, the derailer was reset. i think it's probably some minor adjustment that's needed - but alas, am completely incompetent in this regard.

so it's fixed?

so it's fixed?

nope - the lastest "jockey" issue has emerged since arriving home from bike shop and doing a few loops around the block to check all is in working order.

sounds like the rear mech has some cable tension issues. I'm sure you or your hubster can wing it: watch some youtube vids on how to adjust cable tension and you'll be high fiving yourselves in no time. Pity the bikeshop didn't do this check themselves.

Get to the ride a few minutes earlier and take a small phillips screwdriver with.pretty sure someone there will help you out.

Hi - hubby and I preparing for a Lourensford Spur tomorrow and his jockey has gone!!!!!!!

Thought you were refering to his underpants!?!?!? :oops:

Edited by Greg29

Also check chain routing through the derailleur. I have seen some where the chain goes around both jockey wheels but is the wrong side of that little protective tab on the cage. should go straight from one wheel to the other without rubbing on any metal bits.