Mavic R-Sys SLR or Mavic Carbone or Zipp 303/404 combo

Rifi

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what would you guys do in my situation.

I own a set of 2011 303/404 dimpled tubbies, hardly ridden as they only get taken out for a spin when race day comes, which was 3 x 100km races and 2 x 80km local races this year, mostly the same in the previous years.

or buy a set of Bora Ultra Two with a R11k pay in?

I own a set of 2011 303/404 dimpled tubbies, hardly ridden as they only get taken out for a spin when race day comes, which was 3 x 100km races and 2 x 80km local races this year, mostly the same in the previous years.

I would hold onto Zipps seeing that it is only used for races. No real point in spending extra if only used for races.

Sorry - with the move of premises things are a bit hectic...

Just PM'd all of you.

Can I also get the PM, puleez? In the market for wheels (bonus time is coming up...) :whistling:

Just use em for training and racing :thumbup:

Im Probably one of the few people who does the above.....(have a set of carbon spoke cosmic carbone SLR's)...yes i paid a lot for them , but whats the point of only riding them once or twice a year.....i prefer to see just where my money went

Soooo...i train on them and race on them.....if they break...too bad, least i got good use out of it (imagine they're stuffed up in a race...and they've only actually been used 4-5 times)

I must say though....in the 2 years ive had them......theyve never gone out of true, had bearing problems .....nothing. And ive hit some bad potholes with them already (enough to puncture/damage the tires). Just check them over and clean them up once a week....and they look good as ever