Rave for motorists at the Engen race in Pretoria

HappyMartin

It was long hot and windy with a 1400m of climbing. Cyclists spread out all over the route. Since it was a race lots of bunches formed with people drafting. Bikes all over the road.

Frequently had cars come flying up behind the groups and have to slow to a crawl before overtaking. Never heard a single hooter, never saw and dangerous overtaking into oncoming traffic or any other acts of idiocy.

Just patience and politeness. Thought I had gotten lost and found my way to Italy. It was a very pleasant experience for me.

Not Italy. Pretoria after the Bulls and the Boks lost. No aggresion left. Joking. Good organisation and good people generally.

Write a letter to the Rekord and thank motorists for their patience. Rekord is the local newspaper that goes out weekly, free, to all households.

@RekordNewspaper and

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151605662405334&set=a.10150569064565334.379824.314184250333&type=1

editorial@rekord.co.za

I urge ALL cyclists who experienced the same to do so.

Edited by Big H*