Apple Blosom Elgin

McD23

Anyone do this race today ?

Starts from Oak Valley and covers a lot of day 2 of W2W, must have some of the best single track in CT event.

Was very wet and muddy, but still had some awesome fast flowing singletrack.

Good event, will definitely be back next year.

The best race at Oak Valley is the 24 hours in January. There is nothing better than taking that A Frame bridge at the entrance of Groenlandberg Reserve at the top and ripping it up all the way through to the transition zone 4.5km down the hill, only to be doing it again and again. The best time is always with your lights at full blast as the congestion is less of an issue after dark (the beer drinkers are falling over by then).

Apple Blossom is not called the Muddy Blossom for nuthin.

Agreed, dry it would be sublime. Yesterday was a bit too muddy for me. Not happy at all with my result. But fun day out. Took a while to get my bike clean. Will carry on with that task today. I really hope it dries up a bit before W2W. That field was very "squishy".

Always beautiful out there.

I was a late entry and for some reason my three mates and myself all never got timed even though we had tags and number boards. Not a major issue for me but im not sure whats wrong with tehre system . Also would liketo claim some vitality points. Either way i had such a lekka ride out there with the mud and all that ST so no biggie.

That was one muddy race yesterday - beautiful, bu the constant fear of slipping and ending up in this mix of cow **** and mud just didn't let me relax... second half was quite amazing, with serious climbing at stages.

Seems Trailtag is amiss at the moment. Last weeks race was a bowl of eggs as well!!!

Just checked again my times are up so well done all. Ja it was a race that you couldnt drop your guard for a second otherwise you would be eating cow @#$%^.

great fun,did anyone see the guy get taken out by the buck??Does anyone know how much climbing we did?Computer had a meltdown..

great fun,did anyone see the guy get taken out by the buck??Does anyone know how much climbing we did?Computer had a meltdown..

53km & 1000m ascent. On paper that looks easy but the mud made it tough!

Did the 30km and it was amazing! Took 10th place after some great riders like Matthew Keyser. Fast flowing singletrack doesn't get much better than Oak Valley! Got a chance to ride most of the tracks in that area earlier in the year on a training camp, it was much dryer then but personally the mud made the trails more fun.

53km & 1000m ascent. On paper that looks easy but the mud made it tough!

Thanks Rebelking was great,as you say mud was wicked...

• 11 months later...

Yes, can't wait, especially after an injury caused me to miss the weekends Spur Classic and it will be my first ride at Oak Valley. Weather looks good for the rest of the week *touches wood. Hot and sunny on the day.

it was a great race. Dry conditions. Did not have any issues with marking but then again i was in the rear groups.

The Elgin Country Club and Oak valley have nice and fast flowing single track which i enjoyed.

The country club single track climb was technical and a worthy challenging ascent.

Will do it again next year!

It was hot! But amazing single track, so flowy.

It was hot and sunny for shizzle. Brilliant race. Some race result issues there. I hope it is fixed. The little apple keyring is a great touch. Not perfectly marked out but really loved it. You guys keep getting better. Many thanks.

Where'd you see the results?

Archived