New Helmet

lots of roadie style helmets being punted, surely you want something a little MTB styled?

edit: sorry it was a multiple choice, in that case for the Bell.

Edited by rock

They had a bunch of them for 300 bucks the other day too... I'm sure there is still stock left. I got two road helmets and have to agree, awesome fit, light as hell and they look great... Made in Germany.

Deal of the year for me!

Deal is still on, buddy of mine picked up 2 helmets on Friday.

Agree, Deal of the year!!

Try a few on a take it from there.

They all have different shapes, as do people's heads. What may fit one person, looks silly on another.

lots of roadie style helmets being punted, surely you want something a little MTB styled?

edit: sorry it was a multiple choice, in that case for the Bell.

I agree. Only the Sweep has a peak. Bell Variant, Giro Xen, but if you are in Jhb check out he Cratoni deal at the Ghost shop. I stocked up. Try and distinguish yourself from the roadies by wearing a helmet designed for MTB. Flamesuit, helmet (with peak) on...

Try and distinguish yourself from the roadies by wearing a helmet designed for MTB. Flamesuit, helmet (with peak) on...

I try look like a roadie on dirt and a thug on the road - Why fit in? :)

But seriously, I have tried many and those 2 fit my pip.

The Giro bit me instantly on my forehead.

Currently have a Bell Variant, no hot-spots, no complaints.

I'm more concerned about warranty and crash warranty - It's gonna happen , why pay twice?

Edited by zaslinger

Kask Mojito.

I second that, got one two weeks ago, and it is the most comfortable helmet I've ever tried on,and looks the business and not overly heavy either, two thumbs up from me :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree. Only the Sweep has a peak. Bell Variant, Giro Xen, but if you are in Jhb check out he Cratoni deal at the Ghost shop. I stocked up. Try and distinguish yourself from the roadies by wearing a helmet designed for MTB. Flamesuit, helmet (with peak) on...

Or just add a peak, I like to keep the sun out my eyes, so I got some sticky velcro and attached a peak :whistling:

I try look like a roadie on dirt and a thug on the road - Why fit in? :)

But seriously, I have tried many and those 2 fit my pip.

The Giro bit me instantly on my forehead.

Currently have a Bell Variant, no hot-spots, no complaints.

I'm more concerned about warranty and crash warranty - It's gonna happen , why pay twice?

Those super cheap Cratoni helmets have a 50% crash warrantee too. And have extra pads. And have a bug net. And have a mtb and road range. And are sold from a shop which, in my opinion, has service levels hard to beat... Just saying man

I would recommend getting something in a hi-viz colour, saw a yellow giro on a rider a while back while I was in the car......it really makes a difference.