Steilte Trails

Guest Omega Man

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

replace tender with tariff and you'll be spot on :P

Yeah. LOL. TBH dude... I'm thinking of our previous convos on the subject. Ford, ford or ford. EPIC truck. Reasonable consumption. And strong as feck.

Plus you can carry stuff from the lumberyard and / or builders whorehouse in the back... without removing all the seats and the centre console.

Edited by cpt armpies mayhem

spill some in the interim..

Shocking after-sales service, parts irregularities etc etc. HECTIC spares costs. But if you're buying new / demo, that's their problem. And I know how you can drop a bomb on ppl for service :)

Cat - meet pigeons.

Shocking after-sales service, parts irregularities etc etc. HECTIC spares costs. But if you're buying new / demo, that's their problem. And I know how you can drop a bomb on ppl for service :)

Cat - meet pigeons.

ah crap, surely it can't be worse than the lords of the norts (for service)?!?!??

Guest Omega Man

spill some in the interim..

• 6 week wait for a service
  • Depreciation that can only be compared to base jumping
  • popped diff
  • broken front axle (my fault)
  • broken cv joints out of the transfer case (YES CV's FFS)
  • the electrics packed up completed eventually and i had to buy a new ECU
  • Ridiculous fuel consumption. 7km to a litre.
  • spares availability a big problem.

While it was in warranty it was amazing. We took it offroad and it kicked my mates Landy's ass every time but the price of fun took it's toll. It hurts to type this cos I loved my Cherokee dearly. But it was a good day when it left and I could finally get rid of the permanent oil patch in the driveway.

There was a Wildtrak at the dealership when my wife got her car the other day. OHMAHGAHD. 475k with ALLES.

Edited by Omega Man

ITO walking up to the Steilte DH track, don't. I used to take nearly an hour to cycle up from Helderberg Farm. It's not worth it. Not using the concrete track is a curveball that the Landowner(s) need to work around, but it will be worth it.

ITO the Jeep debate: I know a lady who had a new Jeep Wrangler, thought it was great, but she never took it away for weekends or off roading, as she would never know when it would break again.

was eyeballing the grand cherokee, +/- SRT depending on the talk to the mirror..

but ok. swak idea.

meh.

was eyeballing the grand cherokee, +/- SRT depending on the talk to the mirror..

but ok. swak idea.

meh.

Haha, do you want to bankrupt yourself? A Landy would be cheaper. Yep, that means what I intend it to mean...

I'm thinking of getting something that's still a car, but with better ground clearance. Thinking of a Tiguan, actually. Relatively boring and not "hardcore" yes, but a bakkie is overkill for me.

Haha, do you want to bankrupt yourself? A Landy would be cheaper. Yep, that means what I intend it to mean...

I'm thinking of getting something that's still a car, but with better ground clearance. Thinking of a Tiguan, actually. Relatively boring and not "hardcore" yes, but a bakkie is overkill for me.

you right: the new land rover sport is fantastic! :thumbup:

<_<

Try the Qashqia. New model is out soon and the older one has some good pricing.

It's a typical hatchback with a few extra mm ground clearance.

What about the VW Touareg? A bit pricy I guess.

Yeah, pricing is sub-orbital on those puppies! Especially since I've officially decided I'm over paying interest on cars.

Cap, just think how cool the M9 would look on the back of a new Range Rover Sport. I saw a guy driving a new black one the other day, with a black 2014 S-Works Epic on the back. Tough life.

Sorry Omega, we're almost done hijacking...

Guest Omega Man

Why are you fighting so hard bru?

Surfers and Mountain bikers have trucks. That is the rule. And for extra legitness you get a dakine blankie for the tailgate.