Stem opinion needed please

Josh0

Stop being a douche by just chucking around shoot from the hip comments.

You seem to have an illness of this.

you tell me that Sylvian Chavanel's thigh is really that short, that he's knee cap is over the axle of his pedal?

chavanel-bike-MG-5759x.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its a preference thing, ive moved my saddle back and forth to get the best feel. then I know i can produce the best possible power by what i feel.

you tell me that Sylvian Chavanel's thigh is really that short, that he's knee cap is over the axle of his pedal?

What the whaat?!

are you trying a "Chewbacca Defence" on us?

You really want to judge a set-up from a picture ?

But I am going to guess an emphatic YES.

I have the same problem.

And the saddle might look pushed forward quite pronounced, yes it will look that way, as the bike has the offset post in it.

If you think he pushed it forward to accommodate a longer stem, you need to explain to me how that works.

its a preference thing, ive moved my saddle back and forth to get the best feel. then I know i can produce the best possible power by what i feel.

The saddle should be in the correct position to (a) support your sit bones and ( b ) give you the maximum power transfer from your pedal stroke.

Edited by Wyatt Earp

The saddle should be in the correct position to (a) support your sit bones and ( b ) give you the maximum power transfer from your pedal stroke.

that is a great answer

not saying that the stem as to do with saddle, but if you have a stem miles long and you go into the drops and you have turn your pelvis to be able to reach, you have a problem. cos then you are hanging and pedaling, ie less power.

Edited by antonj

I have an orange one of those on my black bike with blue/white accents. Only recently added orange pedals...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/general/bikes/20130613_111727_zpsc9037d6c.jpg

If your hamstrings are quite strong you will find yourself preferring to go back a little. Forward position quads come more into play. I like to be balanced between the two and have the patella over the axle. It's a good starting point.

But yeah. On the MTB I prefer a short stem and wide bars.

Thank you all, for your much appreciated advice and opinions! :thumbup:

I think I will rather wait for Dial'd Bikes to get their new stock. I think I will rather go for a DMR Swarm in black, as Rush Sports only have the gold Spanks in stock.

I hope you're adding wider bars to that shorter stem?!

Hi Patches

My bars are 720's and feel pretty good to me. I will see how a shorter stem affects the feel, I know it will make the steering more responsive, but that's what I am looking for. As well as I feel like I am too far forward when taking drops and when manualling.

Thank you all, for your much appreciated advice and opinions! :thumbup:

I think I will rather wait for Dial'd Bikes to get their new stock. I think I will rather go for a DMR Swarm in black, as Rush Sports only have the gold Spanks in stock.

That's not the only place to get Spank goodies...

That's not the only place to get Spank goodies...

Hey SLiick

Please tell me more......I've looked everywhere in SA. I need a 60-70mm stem, preferably machined and anodised. :ph34r:

Hey SLiick

Please tell me more......I've looked everywhere in SA. I need a 60-70mm stem, preferably machined and anodised. :ph34r:

International Trade do Spank, Hope and FSA stems.

Shweet! I will have a look there.

Thanx for the help SLiick!

Edited by Josh_FSR

I bought a my purple one from Superstar! :D

Hi dimsum

Thats very nice.....but I would like to buy from a local dealer. I have been smoked by shipping costs and taxes previously. Plus there are some bargains available in SA, just no stock at the mo. <_<