Stem opinion needed please

Josh0

I have an orange one of those on my black bike with blue/white accents. Only recently added orange pedals...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd175/Seanf1art/general/bikes/20130613_111727_zpsc9037d6c.jpg

I have a gold stem too, its what all the cool kids are doing ;)

And as you can clearly see from the pic, my seat is in the totally wrong position for an effective pedal stroke...

But I ride with flats and baggies, so my pedal stroke is f*$ked anyway...

post-24109-0-92774900-1381409883_thumb.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, I need some opinions on the combination of my bike and a new stem.......

Will this

post-47285-0-79195000-1381392787_thumb.jpg

go with this?

post-47285-0-50658200-1381392872_thumb.jpg

I am looking for a shorter stem, and all Dial'd Bikes'stems are out of stock. The above stem is a Spank Royala Timer stem from Rush Sports for R405. Bargain?

Excuse the crap bike photo :unsure:

Jeez man, what is this? A fashion parade!!!!!

And as you can clearly see from the pic, my seat is in the totally wrong position for an effective pedal stroke...

All credibility is lost .... FFS ... that is a Crossmark on the back damnit!

All credibility is lost .... FFS ... that is a Crossmark on the back damnit!

Hahaha! Its to make the bike roll faster on jeeptrack ;)

Seriously though, I damaged my MK a few weeks ago, and the crossmark was what I had lying around.

I knew someone would make a comment about that

I paid 400 shipped for mine :) its pretty cheap and no duties cos its so small.

Thats very reasonable! I will have a look at Superstar's products, and have them give me a quote with shipping. It is nice to get stuff from the UK, as the shipping isn't bad and shipping doesn't take too long.

Thank you dimsum!

Hehehe! :lol: I ride with flats n baggies as well so there is no point at worrying about pedal stroke for me. Nice bike and I must say the gold goes well with the rest of the package! I might still consider......

Jeez man, what is this? A fashion parade!!!!!

I dont really care about what how well the combination looks. I dont want to rush and buy the gold stem, and in a weeks time Dial'd has black DMR's back in stock for instance. In the end I dont really give a rats arse!

Hehehe! :lol: I ride with flats n baggies as well so there is no point at worrying about pedal stroke for me. Nice bike and I must say the gold goes well with the rest of the package! I might still consider......

Thanks.. :)

Check out buycycle.co.za

They've got the Easton Haven 70mm in black - a bit pricey though

and

The Loaded AMX 45mm (same as my stem) in various colours.

If it matters to you.....in the Free State maybe, but please stay south of the Vaal and north of the Gariep. Some of us are sensitive. ;)

Thanks.. :)

Check out buycycle.co.za

They've got the Easton Haven 70mm in black - a bit pricey though

and

The Loaded AMX 45mm (same as my stem) in various colours.

Yeah I love the Haven stem, but it is a bit pricey though. Soooo many choices but not many options, either bit pricey or no stock. Its just impossible to wait when one wants to buy new components......Damn!

Must be patient :huh:

Dial'd never seems to have stock of anything.

I would love to see what their store room looks like - probably has tumbleweeds rolling through it

Anyone have a 60mm 1.5" stem lying about collecting dust?

Nope, but I might have a few hens teeth for you ;)

Closest I've seen is the 50mm straightline stem on CRC, although slick might have taken the last one...

Dial'd never seems to have stock of anything.

I would love to see what their store room looks like - probably has tumbleweeds rolling through it

I'm with you on that hehe. I'll give it a week.....maybe....max. Then I will have to go for either Loaded AMX or Haven. :thumbup:

Nope, but I might have a few hens teeth for you ;)

Closest I've seen is the 50mm straightline stem on CRC, although slick might have taken the last one...

I actually have a spare in orange. You see CRC had to resend a lost parcel - which then turned up 6 weeks later. Going to be sending the parcel back minus the headset (it was out of stock by the time the second order was sent) and some grips so if you want I can take it for you... at a cost.