Some People

Eddy Gordo

Yeah, sometimes it's the only way some people learn (the hard way)

Pity however is that is would cost the OP some money too.

I would hope that his employer would foot the legal fees.

This shop, is it part of a bigger centre, then the centre should have some camera's showing him leave the shop...

Where does he accuse you of assaulting him, inside or outside the shop.

Hope you got the contact details of the people that was standing around, pretty unlikely that he would have gotten it. By reading what you posted it sounds as if he was throwing insults at his companion so pretty unlikely she would agree with your side of the events.

G

I would hope that his employer would foot the legal fees.

If I remember correctly there were a couple of similar incidents to these circumstances a while ago where a couple caused *** in a shop and then went to the police. They then tried to institute civil damages against the owner of the shop for injuries and damage caused.

The problem is if you try and fight those claims then it can cost you a lot of money in lawyers fees etc with little hope of getting your money back from the complainants.

If they did go to the police station there should be a record of it somewhere.

I think the best advice would be to get written statements from the shop staff while it is still fresh in their minds as to what happened and descriptions etc. Gather any CCTV if you have it available and keep it safe.

Good luck.

Independant Store, and no cctv cameras. All I have are witnesses as staff and fellow clients. I work for family and this whole thing is being treated like I was in the wrong. Maybe to some point, but at the end of the day no one speaks like that to anyone! It is verbal abuse as far as I am concerned. I dont have the guys details and he was at the cop station so I turned and walked out. I figured I will have to wait for them to pitch up here so that I have Name etc to lay a charge against.