[Event] Trailmania - Garden Route Trail Park Enduro 16 + 26 December

deviate

Event Name: Trailmania - Garden Route Trail Park Enduro 16 + 26 December
When: 16 December 2013 - 26 December 2013
Where: Barrington Farm, Sedgefield, western cape, Western Cape
Category: Enduro

https://vimeo.com/76304886

About

TRAILMANIA is a STRAVA mountain bike enduro.

Enduro is a form of racing were you are timed over a short section of mainly downhill trail.

STRAVA is a GPS based cycling/running specific tracking system.DescriptionWhen you ride a specific section of trail it automatically times you and gives you a position on the leader board for the relevant section. Only the down runs are timed.

Go to http://www.strava.com/ for more information

There will be two events TRAILMANIA on Monday16 December 2013 and TRAILMANIA 2 on Thurs 26 December 2013

We have prepared three sections of trail of around 3km each. All trails fi...nish at roughly the same point and there is a return loop back up to the respective starts.

It is the same venue as the PSG Garden Route Trail.

The trails are suitable for all levels of riders, nothing to technical. No fancy bike needed.

Having said that these trails have been purpose built and crafted for Fast and Furious riding.The TRAILMANIA sections have received extra attention, with bigger burms and faster runs for maximum flow. Your adrenalin will be pumping all day!!!

This is the BEST single track in the Garden Route!

All the sections finish in a shaded area in the Karatara River Gorge right next to the river.The perfect place for non riders and family to relax.Explore the river or have a swim in one of the many rock pools. There will also be a kiddies 10km fun ride loop and a 8km fun trail run.

Official start is at 7:00 am

MORE INFO AND ENTRY DETAILS TO FOLLOW SHORTLY.See MoreGeneral InformationThe STRAVA ENDURO works as follows:

Individual riders will go off at 30 second intervals .You can do as many runs as you like with your fastest run on each trail to count. You will be allocated points according to your STRAVA ranking in your respective weight category. Ladies will earn points based on their ranking on the ladies leader board(so no need to weigh in)Rider with the least points is th...e winner.

Official STRAVA weight categories are as follows:

54kg and under

55-64 kg

65-74kg

75-84kg

85-94kg

95kg and over

Please make sure your Stava profile (weight )is up to date.

You will need to register a STRAVA profile-if you don't already have one . Go to http://www.strava.com/ and click on the register for free button. Its quick and easy. Then all you need is a Bryton/Garmin/I-phone/Blackberry or Android phone.If you are going to use your phone as a tracking device you will need to download The Strava app it costs R8. We will help you set it up on the day, if you don't have it-takes 2min. It is preferable to use your phone as it will be easier to upload.Garmin requires a pc/laptop to upload your ride .

If you have a Blackberry you need to download "fitness tracker" off the net- it will then also link directly with STRAVA. http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&rtp=adr.%7Epos.-33.9167_22.8667_Garden+Route+Trail+Park_Dormehl+Farms%2C+6580+Barrington%2C+Western+Cape%2C+South+Africa&cp=-33.9167%7E22.8667&lvl=16&sty=r&rtop=0%7E0%7E0%7E&mode=D&FORM=FBKPL1&mkt=en-US

Go to Event Page

We will be down in the Plett area during that time and may join in. Just had a look at the FB page to try and see where in Sedgefield this is - the map link in FB is way off (nowhere near Sedgefield).

The trail looks great though!

Edited by Pax_

We will be down in the Plett area during that time and may join in. Just had a look at the FB page to try and see where in Sedgefield this is - the map link in FB is way off (nowhere near Sedgefield).

The trail looks great through!

the closed town is Sedgefield, its about a 20min drive from there. well worth it!

Gents i live in the area, this is one of the nicest places to ride in SA and they have put a lot of effort into this

You will love it

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

sounds brilliant but not sure how i can get there for boxing day! bit far to drive in the morning..

Hey Guys,

I'll be in the area during the event and would love to ride.. will I need to get a CSA membership/licence to participate in both the Trailmania enduro on the 16th and the PSG Garden Route Trail Bike event on the 22nd Dec?

• 2 weeks later...

Eddy Gordo ,

every timing system has its good and bad points, strava is free and it doesn't require you to rent a TAG or anything, I would call this more of a 'introduction' to enduro, its super flowy trails that can be ridden on a fully rigid bike,

Hi Rob and crew, thanks for putting on a really nice event. A special thanks also for that cup of tea, I really was freezing and wet and that sure revived me. It was a great ride despite the mud and I will be back.