[Event] NISSAN TRAILSEEKER #5 Down & Dirty

Tim_Fair

The guy in The Hub kit made me feel like I was on a sunday cruise. He passed me at about 30km in the half marathon but I am sure he was doing the 70km

IS this the guy in a dual Scott-Genius with the skate board helmet on...

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IS this the guy in a dual Scott-Genius with the skate board helmet on...

I know he rode a Scott but cant remember if it was a Scale or Genius, and as far as I recall he did not wear a skate board helmet........Nope, definitely not a skate board helmet.

Edited by Hennie VR

Anybody have an idea when or where we will get our Columbia shirts for finishing 5 races?

They announced that riders finishing all 5 events will receive an email for shirt sizes. I guess details re collection will be included in email.

I entered and finished all 5 but somehow got DNF on Saturday. Waiting for response to my email......Eish, I worked hard for that shirt!!!

Mine was a Garmin Edge 800.

It was actually quite funny. On that steep rocky downhill section, with the three black arrows, at about 30km when I went over the handle bars. My Garmin came off my bike.

A guy and his wife or girlfriend that helped me back up put the Garmin back on my bike. When I started riding again the screen said lost the scale.

I still remember laughing because I ride a Scott Scale.

Thanks to those two riders that helped me.

I have torn the ligaments where my collarbone joins onto the shoulder.

Doc says 6 weeks no riding.

My wife thinks this is heaven and thinks I should fall off more often.

Those last 10 km's were not fun.

Have a look at this thread.....similar experiences.

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/129517-ac-ligament-shoulder-separation/page__hl__ac%20joint?do=findComment&comment=2021971

Good healings!!

I thought it was a great ride for my first Trailseeker marathon. I really enjoyed it. Rode everything except part of that very rocky section near the end. Tried to ride as much of it as possible but then people around me were walking so had to get off and walk as well. 3:09 from F so happy with that. With my Edge 500 I got 739m ascent.

Anybody have an idea when or where we will get our Columbia shirts for finishing 5 races?

Not just 5 races but 5 marathons ?

Edge 510 = 767m / 66km's

Wow, what a lot of climbing! :D

Everyone should have come and ridden a proper MTB race in Magoebaskloof. 2338m / 79.6km's

They announced that riders finishing all 5 events will receive an email for shirt sizes. I guess details re collection will be included in email.

I entered and finished all 5 but somehow got DNF on Saturday. Waiting for response to my email......Eish, I worked hard for that shirt!!!

Anyone get their mail yet?

Stuff like this Thug?

I now know why I was so full of mud when I finished. ;)

No mud pools stop phatt tyres :D