Tandem Training Tips

Hi Guys

Does anyone perhaps know where one could find any Tandem Training tips?

Did find Andrew's tips on internet... but any more info would help

Thanks

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Chilli & Beee can give you some tips about cornering and hills Wink

Always willing to help!!!!

Here's a good one, don't ride tandem if you afraid of downhills / fast corners!!!Big%20smileDeadConfused you'll most probably end up with a severe case of permanent nausea!!!LOL

Are you a Beee or a chicheeen?Wink

LOL

Have you seen how the stoker (ALWAYS) looks after a tandem crash!!!!ConfusedDead

I rest my case your honor!!!

No - we love speed (downhills), and even on flat roads it's amazing.

We cant understand why uphills should be a problem.. must be something to do with your rhythm together.

We are new on Tandem and starting to practice how to stand together.

Thanks for all info....

Lucky for me I'm not the stoker

No - we love speed (downhills)' date=' and even on flat roads it's amazing.
We cant understand why uphills should be a problem.. must be something to do with your rhythm together.
We are new on Tandem and starting to practice how to stand together.

Thanks for all info....
Lucky for me I'm not the stoker[/quote']

DB, it's still fun afterwards (that's now IF I survive...)when my nerves calmes a bit.

We also just seem to click! Big%20smile Me and Chilli could stand the first time we rode together!! Impressive huh??!!!LOL

Tandems get crazy speed down hills. At Bruintjies Hoogte we (me and lpeens) clocked over 100km/h. I didn't have a computer on, but having been 91km/h on my single I could tell this was MUCH faster.

Tandems get crazy speed down hills. At Bruintjies Hoogte we (me and lpeens) clocked over 100km/h. I didn't have a computer on' date=' but having been 91km/h on my single I could tell this was MUCH faster.[/quote']

Yes my record is 100km/h 4 years ago with wife on a Hanson Tandem - we past them all... not even a strong group of 20+ riders could catch us.

But at the next hill.....

that's why I'm looking at all points Mechanical and physical...

thanks to MDK for good tips.

DB' date=' it's still fun afterwards (that's now IF I survive...)when my nerves calmes a bit.

We also just seem to click! Big%20smile Me and Chilli could stand the first time we rode together!! Impressive huh??!!!LOL

[/quote']

Bee - that is quite impressive! Being the stoker, I just want to know if your stoker's knees didn't bump against the handle bar when standing. Having long legs I have to lean back in order to stand up. This is not very comfortable and I don't think I'll be able to do it for very long.

The tandem was bougth by my partner with his wife in mind as a stoker. Do you think the frame could maybe be too small at the back?