One Million Down

Hairy

Guest Omega Man

Ok so just to put numbers to my dream...the umko descent is roughly 910m.

So it would mean doing the umko 335 times...where do I sign up?

You sign up with me and you come to France next year. I did 37419m in 9 days. Which averages out at 14000 feet a day give or take.

You sign up with me and you come to France next year. I did 37419m in 9 days. Which averages out at 14000 feet a day give or take.

Its sounds mighty tempting but I fear my gear doesn't cut it and I don't have money for new gear. That old chestnut.

That is crazy amount of meters though omega...hell it must be fun

End of the clip they give stats, you get an idea of shock rebuilds, a set of tyres per week, etc ... you can do a rough guesstimate on that ... the shuttle costs though must have been astronomical ... although I assume this was sponsored by the park.

unlimited, but i don't think they allowed for his sort of usage.

$599 if you buy it in April

http://bike.whistlerblackcomb.com/tickets-passes/passes/index.aspx

yeah. But he took it a level up... in those 9 days he would have done 48,986m. 5,442m in a day.

do-able, but only if you're a mad-arse nutter.

Guest Omega Man

yeah. But he took it a level up... in those 9 days he would have done 48,986m. 5,442m in a day.

do-able, but only if you're a mad-arse nutter.

Ja that is absolutely mental. Crazy to see how much more he did in a day. I worked it out to 17000 feet. My best day was 6977m But that was one day and I was absolutely destroyed.

Guest Omega Man

I'm sure Sony must have paid the way.

When you buy a season pass you get unlimited rides on the lifts. You don't pay per hit as such.

Guest Omega Man

Its sounds mighty tempting but I fear my gear doesn't cut it and I don't have money for new gear. That old chestnut.

That is crazy amount of meters though omega...hell it must be fun

Crazy fun riding lifts and your bike down. Don't think that it's not hard work tho.

Crazy fun riding lifts and your bike down. Don't think that it's not hard work tho.

Sure sure....your HR must be right up there, but you don't notice it as much since your concentrating so much.

Nevermind the punishment your body takes....hands, wrists, kidneys I would have bought a kindey belt at mankele two weekends ago if someone was selling one.

Guest Omega Man

Sure sure....your HR must be right up there, but you don't notice it as much since your concentrating so much.

Nevermind the punishment your body takes....hands, wrists, kidneys I would have bought a kindey belt at mankele two weekends ago if someone was selling one.

You take an absolute beating. But it's a good beating. My back hurts for a few days but the thing that hurts most is your hands. The brits call it the claw. It's not arm pump. It feels like your hands have been tapped with a small hammer for 5 hours. That's the only way I can describe it. The way I get around it is pain killers, beer, fat grips and Hope brakes. But even that doesn't stop it.

You take an absolute beating. But it's a good beating. My back hurts for a few days but the thing that hurts most is your hands. The brits call it the claw. It's not arm pump. It feels like your hands have been tapped with a small hammer for 5 hours. That's the only way I can describe it. The way I get around it is pain killers, beer, fat grips and Hope brakes. But even that doesn't stop it.

hahahahhaha "the claw", I had glimpses of the claw at mankele...and yes your hands being moered by a small hammer pretty much sums it up.

I did the following

ESI EXTRA chunky grips

Pain killers

Captain and coke