DT swiss rear shock issues

Wolfie1

Gooday gents

Dt swiss has become a bit of a sear word in my book! My rear shock is leaking air second to non! Last night went for 45 kilo ride! Inflated the shock fairly hard because its flat dirt road, got home and hit the drive way like any otheer night! Shock is 3/4 way compressed inward! Normaly inflate it 1.8 bar or 180 psi like book said! Took to local lbs, could not find any issues BUT is the problem persist I need to take it back to be sent to Joburg!!!! No agents in cape town any more! Any advice on the matter? DiY? Thanks

Gooday gents

Dt swiss has become a bit of a sear word in my book! My rear shock is leaking air second to non! Last night went for 45 kilo ride! Inflated the shock fairly hard because its flat dirt road, got home and hit the drive way like any otheer night! Shock is 3/4 way compressed inward! Normaly inflate it 1.8 bar or 180 psi like book said! Took to local lbs, could not find any issues BUT is the problem persist I need to take it back to be sent to Joburg!!!! No agents in cape town any more! Any advice on the matter? DiY? Thanks

Send it to Jhb - I just had my rear DT swiss serviced by the agents, and it's 100% again - no complaints about the service.

What was the cost if I may ask?

I can't remember exactly - either R700 or R900 - it's one or the other.... how much of that is markup by my LBS I don't know (actually I don't care, generally they are worth it...)

I want to replace the DT Swiss Nude shock on my Scott Genius 910 with a FOX CTD Kashima 190mm with Remote. Does anyone know who I can speak to about doing this?

Gooday gents

What model is it?

I have a M210 on my Merida and the same thing happened.

Took it off and let all the air out, the outer canister unscrews very easily.

When to BMG and bought 2 quad seals (one to use, and one for a spare) for R10.00.

Lubed outer chamber and seal and re-assembled.

Took me my 15 min tea time at work to do the service.

Rode it like that at Sani2C and its still 100%.

I only recently started using a nude 2 shock. So far so good but quite worried after all the bad press. I know V12man doesnt hold back as far as bikes goes. I find some solace knowing he has one too....

i have this shock. its going to need to be serviced every year and half. and its not quite a smooth as the kashima fox. But it has full lockout with a remote which makes it the best shock in my books. send if for a service and set the rebound 2 clicks off middle (slower) and then its quite smooth

• 7 years later...

Given the choice, DT swiss Nude2 or FOX nude CTD, which is best?

Fox will be more reliable , most of those inline xc shocks hqve very similar performance so 'better' is very subjective

reliability of the latest DTSwiss shocks is pretty good. They had a bad rep with the carbon units. Those were just...***.

The Fox will be a more consistent performer over time. The DT I'd think of as a race unit. However Robbies Bicycle Concept is the importer and service agents so I'm sure they will keep it running smooth as butter for the duration of its life.