Is anybody missing/ want a Merida 96 Carbon ?

DirtyFrank

Possibly... but let's say Cash Crusaders offered him 10k... I personally that would be a fair price for a quite an old, 2nd hand, 26" cross country bike.

BTW, there's nothing fancy about that generation of XX brakes. In fact, they should pay the buyer to take those brakes! Notorious for failing!

Truth in jest... I said it as a joke, but it is pretty true.

Go look though the hub clasfieds and once you filter though all the chancers, and people who have a warped sense of bike value, you'll see that when it comes to a 26" XC bike that's 3-4years old... 12k actually gets one quite a lot.

13k for that bike is a bit of a stretch

I sold a 26 Zula the other day with top components for 13K

I am selling a 26 Superlight for 13K now which I consider a far better bike than the 96

Go look though the hub clasfieds and once you filter though all the chancers, and people who have a warped sense of bike value, you'll see that when it comes to a 26" XC bike that's 3-4years old... 12k actually gets one quite a lot.

:lol:

:lol:

haha, you laugh, but there are people like this out there...

post-10758-0-29549000-1382954319_thumb.jpg

I mean, like are they seriously that delusional? Or are Mongoose Tyaxes a collectors item now and have increased in value since I last saw one in Sportsmans.

haha, you laugh, but there are people like this out there...

post-10758-0-29549000-1382954319_thumb.jpg

I mean, like are they seriously that delusional? Or are Mongoose Tyaxes a collectors item now and have increased in value since I last saw one in Sportsmans.

It's Monday. It seems the effects of the weekend's alcohol consumption are still strong in that one........ :wacko:

It's Monday. It seems the effects of the weekend's alcohol consumption are still strong in that one........ :wacko:

10k for a Tyax... I was thinking more along the lines of meth.

10k for a Tyax... I was thinking more along the lines of meth.

You right. It's a Tyax. He probably dilluted the meth with Russian Bear.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree I sold my carbon scott spark with full XTR and ec90 eastern rims for R12 000.

Yip, sadly our 26ers are worth jam..You probably paid more for the wheelset than what you sold the complete bike for.

The bigger joke is...there will be a willing buyer!!

Send them my way please. Struggling to sell a 26er frame. :(

Send them my way please. Struggling to sell a 26er frame. :(

Yumeya, if your frame was the HD and large I'd be throwing money at you.

For the tiny amount of riding that frame has done, it's a bargain

cos he bought a 29er :ph34r:

:huh:

oh goodness now i can not buy it....

I can not ride a bike where the story goes "the guy who's bike that was bought a 29er instead...."

:huh:

oh goodness now i can not buy it....

I can not ride a bike where the story goes "the guy who's bike that was bought a 29er instead...."

hahahaha!