Is anybody missing/ want a Merida 96 Carbon ?

DirtyFrank

Spotted at Cash Crusaders Campus Square shopping centre , Auckland park

Going for a bargain, Merida 96 Carbon, Monkeylite bar, Brand new Conti x-king tubeless tyres. Ugly gobi saddle. R 11 999.00

Ipost-5378-0-75225700-1382618226_thumb.jpgpost-5378-0-87780100-1382618230_thumb.jpg

No thanks... that price is far too high!

Are you being funny or is that price really too high...? If that's too high it's scary to think how little my bike is worth now..

Are you being funny or is that price really too high...? If that's too high it's scary to think how little my bike is worth now..

Its a 26er. That exact bike was sold brand new by my lbs for 15-18k.

Reba fork and x9 x0 mix.

Edit..

Not that exact bike. But same model different spec.

Edited by YUMEYA

Looking at that crank and brakes and upgrades, there is no way the owner of such a bike would pawn his bike at Crusaders

Possibly... but let's say Cash Crusaders offered him 10k... I personally that would be a fair price for a quite an old, 2nd hand, 26" cross country bike.

BTW, there's nothing fancy about that generation of XX brakes. In fact, they should pay the buyer to take those brakes! Notorious for failing!

Truth in jest... I said it as a joke, but it is pretty true.

Go look though the hub clasfieds and once you filter though all the chancers, and people who have a warped sense of bike value, you'll see that when it comes to a 26" XC bike that's 3-4years old... 12k actually gets one quite a lot.

Possibly... but let's say Cash Crusaders offered him 10k... I personally that would be a fair price for a quite an old, 2nd hand, 26" cross country bike.

BTW, there's nothing fancy about that generation of XX brakes. In fact, they should pay the buyer to take those brakes! Notorious for failing!

Truth in jest... I said it as a joke, but it is pretty true.

Go look though the hub clasfieds and once you filter though all the chancers, and people who have a warped sense of bike value, you'll see that when it comes to a 26" XC bike that's 3-4years old... 12k actually gets one quite a lot.

I agree I sold my carbon scott spark with full XTR and ec90 eastern rims for R12 000.