Ibis Mojo HDR 650b - Build & Review

Iwan Kemp

This may be a stupid question, but why not just build it yourself? And on the subject of "build" - its a bit of a misnomer for a process which is far more like an "assembly", no?

Potabuild, assemtoe...not sure...will have to look it up. Not building myself for two simple reasons. First, Warranty. Especially in this day and age with pressfit bb's and what not. And secondly to give Cycle Factory some limelight and free marketing after busting their balls to get everything I want. Besides, the guys there enjoy doing the whole time-lapse thing and seeing their faces on the interwebs.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair question! Right now would've been best. That way I could do a night ride tonight! But because of some behind the scenes drama with the kit I haven't been able to book a build day till I was 100% sure I have every last bit in my hands.

The beer is in my hands... My grubby little (big) hands...

Make sure to show beer in the time-lapse video, no build should be done without beer.

There is enough reason to get started sooner than later.. and Mayhem has the beer!

There is enough reason to get started sooner than later.. and Mayhem has the beer!

1. Where's my you know what?

2. Where's your Sukuma video?

We want answers!

This week, and last week for that matter, has been rough going at the office. Have missed one or two things so can only thank my lucky stars Cycle Factory has been prepping today for tomorrow's build / assemawesomebly. Had to chase through an order for a shifter and BB! Imagine that?! Anyway, build is confirmed for tomorrow with all oversights ironed out and sorted.

1. Where's my you know what?

2. Where's your Sukuma video?

We want answers!

This week, and last week for that matter, has been rough going at the office. Have missed one or two things so can only thank my lucky stars Cycle Factory has been prepping today for tomorrow's build / assemawesomebly. Had to chase through an order for a shifter and BB! Imagine that?! Anyway, build is confirmed for tomorrow with all oversights ironed out and sorted.

And here we all thought you were meticulous and all OCD ;)

To that point - please, please tell me that the cables are going to go UNDER the TT / DT, crow!

Just need some of those proper cable clips with the double sided tape backing. Would look far cleaner than running on the top...

silly question, whats the threaded rivnut on the top tube for?

Front derailleur and dropper post routing. Have taken the guides off as I'll be running a stealth dropper and 1 x so no need for them. Rear brake and rear derailleur runs under the downtube and inside a cable protector. Stealth!

Front derailleur and dropper post routing. Have taken the guides off as I'll be running a stealth dropper and 1 x so no need for them. Rear brake and rear derailleur runs under the downtube and inside a cable protector. Stealth!

Ah! Sense, the crow has made!

Awesomeness. 1 times clean Ibis.

Beer, as I said, is in the grubby paws.