Cape Town Giants at Durbanville HS FUNRIDE!

lucmccann

The CTG official reply essentially exonerates themselves, rather predictably!

The fact that the OP couldn't or wouldn't attend for whatever reason at the drop of a hat to appease the club and its procedures doesn't call the OP's account of events into question. This and tales of similar behaviour by CTG club riders from other hubbers tells the bigger story.

The club hastily called a meeting at their own convenience. Did they give him a choice of dates, times and venues, or "summons" him dictatorially to their own playground? Why the rush to hold a meeting? Surely a delay of a day or two wouldn't have made a difference. Smacks of a whitewash. IMHO, of course.

Dude, there is no pleasing you, they call the meeting, dont call ameeting, delay the meeting. There is a hint of prejudice inthis thread, dare I say it, racist. I'm gonna say it, you're a white guy, they are oloured, you're used to being in charge, they taking over . Give it a rest.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Morning guys,

Been a bit busy the last few days to visit this thread as often as I would like.

Unfortunately, because of the short notice I wasn't able to attend the meeting that evening, i'm an independent digital marketing consultant so evenings are normally when the most crucial aspects of projects need to be handled.

(EDIT: I had less than 4 hours from receiving the notice of the meeting to reschedule my evenings business, prepare for this meeting, as well as travel the almost 50kms...unfortunately my paying clients would come first.)

I am very happy that the meeting went ahead and the issues were raised and appreciate their feedback, however a little disappointed that no responsibility for any of the instances mentioned in this thread was taken.

As the Cape Town Giants are a development club that receive funding from the PPA I will be providing the information I have collated from various people and providing it to them, I will CC Cape Town Giants in all communication. It will be up to PPA if they wish to handle this in any further way.

I started this thread just to bring my personal experiences forward to everyone.

Dale, a little disappointed you feel that way considering we've met and had several conversations after rides.

I hope all future dealings with this club are of a positive nature.

You had your rant, ctg reponds, you dowhat you set out to do anyways, which is report them to ppa. So the club gets a soiled reputation, and smeared in this monkey court, the whities all get to feel good about themselves again, and continue the I told u so attitude. No excuses for poor road ettiquete, but u set out with an agenda, so job done. Move on

You had your rant, ctg reponds, you dowhat you set out to do anyways, which is report them to ppa. So the club gets a soiled reputation, and smeared in this monkey court, the whities all get to feel good about themselves again, and continue the I told u so attitude. No excuses for poor road ettiquete, but u set out with an agenda, so job done. Move on

IIRC no-one made an issue of race till you did.

My apologies, comment retracted

Edited by Flowta

But am I telling the truth as it is, or not. Calling it as I see it. And it is regrettable indeed, the incident, the OP, and everything else that followed. I guess neither of you experienced any form of racism ever, so you're in no position to even identify it.

There was a clear agenda, job done. And u get to say "those people" when you hang with your mates.

But am I telling the truth as it is, or not. Calling it as I see it. And it is regrettable indeed, the incident, the OP, and everything else that followed. I guess neither of you experienced any form of racism ever, so you're in no position to even identify it.

There was a clear agenda, job done. And u get to say "those people" when you hang with your mates.

There is NO need to make this a race issue.

You don't know me or my mates, so how can you judge me?

Tomorrow I do a team training ride with my DC team!

I have not read the whole thread so here two comment:

1. Why do a DC training ride at a funride and pay entry etc may as well do it as a team on your own like I will be doing tomorrow.

2. This to a degree makes point 1 not valid and here I should be thanking CTG for doing their team training at a funride - but at the DC we all know that the fastest teams start last. This mean they will probably be overtaking slower team. Slower team please keep left none of us want another tread in this kind of light the days after the DC.

Please also read the rules of the DC teams may not slip other teams - this is very important as it makes overtaking slower teams easier when the groups are smaller it is quicker safer and easier to overtake! I would say if your team is caught your team should fall back 50m about 7sec ASAP but thats just my opinion! The rule below suggest 25m and the rules ASAP is 1km!

2.9.1 If a team is caught, it may neither lead, nor take advantage of riding in the slipstream of the team that catches it. This clause shall equally apply to riders that drop behind. A rider that has dropped behind may not join another team, nor receive or provide assistance.

2.9.2 A team, upon catching another, shall leave a lateral gap of at least 2 metres between them. After 1 km, the team caught shall ride at least 25 m away from the other.

2.9.3 If necessary, the CDC assigned officials shall force the riders to leave the 2 metres lateral gap and the distance of 25 metres respectively.

Quite a few assumptions for one post.

Dude, there is no pleasing you, they call the meeting, dont call ameeting, delay the meeting. There is a hint of prejudice inthis thread, dare I say it, racist. I'm gonna say it, you're a white guy, they are oloured, you're used to being in charge, they taking over . Give it a rest.

There was a clear agenda, job done.

LOL, you absolutely have GOT to be kidding me. Are you for real? Have you carefully thought through what you're saying? Consider yourself persona-non-Grata from now on. I don't debate those that have a HUGE chip on their shoulder, and use the "I've been wronged in the past, so I can say and do what I please" race card.

Cheers.

EDIT: No further correspondence will be entered into.

Edited by Brogue

There is NO need to make this a race issue.

You don't know me or my mates, so how can you judge me?

Its been a race issue from the beginning, im just calling it out. Interesting thought though, you never told me I was lying either. Just saying

Read carefully, after the OP, its been nothing but assumptions

I fear that you are not helping the situation.

LOL, you absolutely have GOT to be kidding me. Are you for real? have you carefully considered your statements? Consider yourself persona-non-grata from now on. I don't debate those that have a HUGE chip on their shoulder, and use the "I've been wronged in the past, so I can say what I please" race card.

Cheers.

You cant send me to the naughty corner. Has this been a debate, you funny guy. Racism, however subtle you want to disguise it, is still racism. Call me a liar. Chip on my shoulder, seems a bit hypocritical coming and rich coming from you. Oh wait, yougonna tell me how many black friends you have next. Persona non grata yourself.

ADMIN, it's time to shut this thread down. We have a noob in our midst who clearly isn't capable of adequately containing his demeanour on a public forum.