Stolen KTM mtb and Raileigh roadbike

marxie

Hi all,

just had 2 bikes liberated from my garage in Plumstead this morning. If you lay eyeballs on them, please give me a shout.

2010 KTM Ultra Race alu hardtail 26er. White with black & red trim. White RockShox fork.

Raleigh RC6000, silver and black, with carbon fork and seat stays.

I've attached pics of the models, not the actual bikes. I don't have them to take pics of :cursing:

Thanks a mil

Marco

post-25916-0-45613900-1383032169_thumb.jpg

post-25916-0-20541000-1383032186_thumb.jpg

Eeish they cleaning out you Kaapie oe's!

Sorry to hear man, how did they manage to get them?

Lifted my driveway gate off the rail, got into the garage through a window, and unlatched the door from the chain.

Had a big double wheelbag hanging next to the bikes with a set of darkhorse tubbies, and a set of easton ea50's in it. Luckily not taken.

And my roadbike was safely in the house. I gave the Raleigh away a year ago, but re-borrowed it when my bike conked out, so at least I still have a bike to ride.

I bet insurance is going to give me trouble about this particular scenario :wacko:

Definitely a syndicate running in the area. Would love to know where all stolen bikes go to rest...

I'll be keeping a lookout, seeing I'm already on the lookout for my bike that was nicked on Sunday out my car at Kirstenbosch

Sorry to hear that - will defintely look out for the bikes - close to me in Southfield.

Maybe check Cash Crusaders and surrounding shops in Plumstead

Sorry to hear that - will defintely look out for the bikes - close to me in Southfield.

Maybe check Cash Crusaders and surrounding shops in Plumstead

Playing it safe with "surrounding shops" hey?

Even the cops who came to take the statement said to check out Neils Wheels, but as a prospective buyer.

That was a lot of effort for them to get your bikes! Sorry for the loss!

I reckon they go via retreat to lavendar hill to be honest. I have a client out that way in June and I saw one or two out of place bikes, there is just zero chance I am going to stop on military road and conduct a quick investigation.

Hopefully insurance pays out and the thieves are not on here realizing they must come back to collect the wheels they left. Although I think they get paid per complete bike, regardless of the value. Also looks very dodge a guy running down road with only wheels.

Just want to let you guys know about some more developments in case you ever come across a similar situation...

My wife just told me there was a young, white, had-a-hard-life (read bergie) looking fellow standing opposite our driveway when she got home yesterday afternoon and he was writing something in a notepad. He apparently kept looking into the garage as she parked the car. When she asked him what he wanted, he walked off. Maybe taking stock?

I don't want to read too much into this sort of thing because sometimes karma just bites you in the ass and has your bikes stolen, but it can't hurt to warn everyone else.

Another weird thing that happened 3 times last week, was that armed response called us and said they're picking up an alarm power failure, are we home, is the alarm ok, and so on, and everytime they asked our password and we gave it to them. This morning when armed response got to our house, we asked them about it. They have no record of calling us in the last week. Only today we realised that the calls were all from a private number, and not our armed response, so we had to change our password.

Hopefully insurance pays out and the thieves are not on here realizing they must come back to collect the wheels they left. Although I think they get paid per complete bike, regardless of the value. Also looks very dodge a guy running down road with only wheels.

Spent the day slapping burglar bars on the 2 garage windows, and I took off the lever that detaches the garage door motor from the chain.

The windows are tiny, but a squirt can fit through it. I'm thinking they used a hook on the end of a pole to pull the rope hanging off the lever.

Agreed, riding a bike doesn't look out of place, but carrying a wheel bag might raise some eyebrows.

I'd listen to your intuitions, those things sound fishy, especially if it was enough motivation to incite your wife to confront the guy. That trick to get your response password is very clever if that's what it is, social engineering genius. I'd follow up on the armed response thing - they have an incident/call log, if those incidents are not on there then change your challenge password and keep very alert as someone is targeting your property. I've had that before, nothing for years and then over a few weeks about 3 breakins/attempted breakins and also ask people in your road/block if they have had any trouble as 3 of my neighbors got targeted during the same time as me.