Stolen bikes found - Houtbay

Spinnekop

Saw this in Twitland just now:

Hout Bay resident reports 8 sports bikes found & waiting at Hout Bay SAPS to be identified by owners. Go check if you've had a bike stolen!

Hout Bay resident reports 8 sports bikes found & waiting at Hout Bay SAPS to be identified by owners. Go check if you've had a bike stolen!

:D Indeed. :D But tell me, what were you doing there? ;)

Guys HOUT BAY STATION DOES NOT HAVE ANY STOLEN BIKES.

Went in after work this evening and the officers said I must be the 10th person to come through and ask. Seems tweetland had let us down. Apparently there was a phone number on the original message?

Thanks any way, was worth a try.

Guys HOUT BAY STATION DOES NOT HAVE ANY STOLEN BIKES.

Went in after work this evening and the officers said I must be the 10th person to come through and ask. Seems tweetland had let us down. Apparently there was a phone number on the original message?

Thanks any way, was worth a try.

It seems the Twitland label was accurate after all. :D

On the other hand Alouette, this is the same police station that never noticed the Dagga plants growing on the traffic circle 10 metres from their front door until the Cape Times published a picture of it a few years back. :D

Dagga growing under noses of police

November 3 2006 at 08:13am

By Staff Writer

Cape Times

High on police agenda? Marijuana plants are growing unnoticed in front of the Hout Bay police station. Photo:Andrew Ingram, Cape Times

Hout Bay residents may be forgiven for believing the government has finally heeded calls to legalise dagga.

A flower bed in the middle of a traffic circle, in front of the Hout Bay police station, has provided fertile soil for a couple of marijuana plants that have mysteriously cropped up among the blooming vygies.

The dagga doesn't seem to be too high on the city council's agenda either, as workers continue to water them without noticing.

The plants were discovered by a landscaper, Tim Lundy, while working on the flower bed last week.

"Being a landscaper, I see these growing all over the place. You won't believe how many people grow it. A person must have been smoking weed and thrown down his stompie (in the flower bed). It's a few metres from the police station. And the council also happens to water the island."

Hout Bay police station commander Dirk Smit wouldn't believe it when told about the plants, and insisted the Cape Times was "pulling a prank" on him.

The interview didn't end on a high note. He hung up.

Edited by DJR