Summer Fast One MTB 2014

ScottCM

Hi Guys

<copy and past from my introductory thread in the Buyers Guide>

I'm seriously contemplating riding the Summer Fast One this weekend. I have a borrowed Scott Aspect 630 26er (Large) I can use which I got last week. Besides a few rides scoping out area the local area I haven't really done any riding since I did the 94.7 in 2001 :-0 . Over the last 10 days however I've done 2 x 10 km, 2 x 15km and 1x 43km ride (done in three stages) :-). I'm fairly confident I'll complete the 12km ride, at the summer fast one, but I'm nervous to do the 35km route, my comfort zone seems to end at around 20odd km's so 35 would be pushing it...

How long do they give you on the trail before they load you into the bakkie and take you back to the start :-)?

Are there prizes for longest day ? :unsure:

Should get fitter, or give it a bash?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be ok for the 35k ride, unless its very muddy it should be similar to the 45k you did. There should be plenty of time to finish as well. No prizes for last but beers will be finished if you take too long.

You feeling better big guy?

Damdest thing, just as i think i'm over and start training i get a relapse and with such great weather at the moment. Will make a call on the day.

No prizes for last but beers will be finished if you take too long.

oh carp, i'd better make an effort then :blush: ...

I guess I'll also wait and register on the day then. By the sounds of it I don't think I'd be able to cope with muddy conditions in my current state of fitness.

gonna do a line entry, but if thats the route profile as per page 3 the big swamp section is out anyway.

Will be doing a line entry, and seriously considering riding to/from the Lido, giving me a healthy 104Km.

We'll if this mornings weather is anything to go by out here in the south ( about 5km from the Lido), it's going to be a hot dry race.

Not a cloud in the sky and no rain forecast.

If the weather is as it has been this past week , it will be a "careful what you wish for" scenario. Its been blazing hot in the mornings and we are going to be very hot. Can't wait. See you all there

To all that will be riding in the race, whilst you pass me lets share a chat. I will be on my white momsen and sporting the brightest yellow t-shirt that has some orange on the front. Enjoy the race and may it be a trouble free one for all.

Brightest yellow, you say… easy enough to spot.

In that case, I'll go with my Maglia Rosa shirt and theHubSA shorts - liquorice all sorts… also easy to spot.

good luck all