Calling the Fly fishing manne

Pieter1

I am surprised that my other half has not stuck his head in here yet. His second love, after sex....oh, sorry, his first love is fishing.. then hunting, cycling,his kids, the bush, a good Windhoek light/red wine, whisky, women in sexy clothing, sex, a good war movie, history channel, nature channel, and 15 years ago-me. :D ....

:clap:

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds more like you are bragging!!!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Lol, where is the brag in that?? No seriously, he loves his fishing, love fly-fishing, used to work for Rapala, has more fishing rods than I have shoes etc etc.. His spidey senses for a fishing chat are obviously not working very well today.

Lol, where is the brag in that?? No seriously, he loves his fishing, love fly-fishing, used to work for Rapala, has more fishing rods than I have shoes etc etc.. His spidey senses for a fishing chat are obviously not working very well today.

sex appear THREE times

Downloaded my copy, huge thanks for pointing this gem out. It looks a LOT more user friendly than the book I have on the subject.

What a AWESOME weekend! My wife caught 4 lekker trout! She learnt the actions verry quickly. I caught buggerol but I learnt how to gut the fish nicely and I now have a sexy fishing partner to. Need to start looking for a salt water setup now...

What a AWESOME weekend! My wife caught 4 lekker trout! She learnt the actions verry quickly. I caught buggerol but I learnt how to gut the fish nicely and I now have a sexy fishing partner to. Need to start looking for a salt water setup now...

Then my dear friend you will really learn what perseverance is. Wind, sun, tide, moon phases and the riptide........ All the elements are out to nail you, dump you and reduce you to a babbling imbecile........ but when you land that first one it becomes an incredible journey.

Great stuff, you hooked a good one yourself (pun definitely intended)!

About salt water flyfishing, remember that it is the bungee jumping of flyfishing. Lots and lots of time goes by when you catch nothing, and like Big H said, tough stuff.......but when you hook something it is one huge adrenalin rush because the fish are mostly meaner and bigger. Also, there is so much more variety, and you never know quite what to expect.

My 1st salt success was in the dark at Kosi Mouth, I thought I had a Giant Kingfish on, turned out to be a honeycomb Ray, imagine the surprize. And then try to release it safely! Since then learned that a ray feels like you've hooked a double decker bus.....and a Giant Kingfish feels like you've hooked a bus running on nitro strapped to a rocket!

Guest Hollow Man

Some say that JPC's husband has actually visited this thread......

All we know is that he's called "The Pig."

:ph34r:

Some say that JPC's husband has actually visited this thread......

All we know is that he's called "The Pig."

:ph34r:

He is The Bushpig, so of course he is known as the pig. There is no way he has been here and not spoken. He loves fishing more than anything..

He is The Bushpig, so of course he is known as the pig. There is no way he has been here and not spoken. He loves fishing more than anything..

You're taking your revenge by not telling him about this thread, aren't you? :D

We are usually at this place I always fish alone while my wife tans or reads. I reccon the lagion will be a nice spot for her to fly fish. I'll start trolling gumtree and olx for some second hand gear.

post-25481-0-85764300-1384169095_thumb.jpg

Hey guys. What do you guys think of this? Can I use it on a 9wt rod. It is for

Salt water hey? http://www.sealine.c...5063&forum_id=4

It is a good reel, well made. Not so sure if the disk drag will handle a GT trying to get to the sea at a good rate of knots. I think you can do better by looking at Stealth or Explorer.

Fortunately it is not made with inferior materials by kempekkernoglia.

I found this here ...... http://tocatchfish.com/store/info.php/id/336

Shimano Ultegra Fly Fishing Reel

Shimano Ultegra Fly fishing reel 7 8 weight with soft case. The Shimano Ultegra series of fly reels represents a step forward in fly reel technology. These beautifully engineered reels are designed to give long lasting performance in the most trying conditions and they represent extremely good value for the money. Both the body and spool of the Ultegra reels are manufactured from high-grade aluminium to extremely high tolerances for optimum performance. They feature a gear ratio of 1:1 and a single roller bearing drive for absolutely smooth operation. The Ultegra series also feature a smooth disc drag, an ergonomically designed spool rim for easy line control and an adjustable left/right hand wind. Each Ultegra reel comes with a padded protective bag to keep your reel in prime condition. There are three models in the Ultegra series. The Ultegra Fly 34 weighs 125gm and suits line weights of DT3F, DT4F, WF3F, WF4F and WF5F, with backing up to 100yds of 20lb. The Ultegra Fly 56 weighs 135gm and suits line weights of DT4F, DT5F, DT6F, WF5F, WF6F and WF7F, with backing up to 130yds of 20lb. The Ultegra Fly 78 weighs 170gm and suits line weights of DT6F, DT7F, ST8F+SL, ST9S+SL, WF7F, WF8F and WF9F, with backing up to 250yds of 20lb. The Shimano Ultegra series of fly reels are high performance, superb quality reels perfect for fresh water and light salt water operation in the world of fly fishing.

It is a good reel, well made. Not so sure if the disk drag will handle a GT trying to get to the sea at a good rate of knots. I think you can do better by looking at Stealth or Explorer.

Fortunately it is not made with inferior materials by kempekkernoglia.

I found this here ...... http://tocatchfish.com/store/info.php/id/336

Shimano Ultegra Fly Fishing Reel

Shimano Ultegra Fly fishing reel 7 8 weight with soft case. The Shimano Ultegra series of fly reels represents a step forward in fly reel technology. These beautifully engineered reels are designed to give long lasting performance in the most trying conditions and they represent extremely good value for the money. Both the body and spool of the Ultegra reels are manufactured from high-grade aluminium to extremely high tolerances for optimum performance. They feature a gear ratio of 1:1 and a single roller bearing drive for absolutely smooth operation. The Ultegra series also feature a smooth disc drag, an ergonomically designed spool rim for easy line control and an adjustable left/right hand wind. Each Ultegra reel comes with a padded protective bag to keep your reel in prime condition. There are three models in the Ultegra series. The Ultegra Fly 34 weighs 125gm and suits line weights of DT3F, DT4F, WF3F, WF4F and WF5F, with backing up to 100yds of 20lb. The Ultegra Fly 56 weighs 135gm and suits line weights of DT4F, DT5F, DT6F, WF5F, WF6F and WF7F, with backing up to 130yds of 20lb. The Ultegra Fly 78 weighs 170gm and suits line weights of DT6F, DT7F, ST8F+SL, ST9S+SL, WF7F, WF8F and WF9F, with backing up to 250yds of 20lb. The Shimano Ultegra series of fly reels are high performance, superb quality reels perfect for fresh water and light salt water operation in the world of fly fishing.

Oh okay. Sal maar nog bietjie rond shop.