Shock pump

ThePubSA

Its such a tiny amount of air i would presume, shouldn't make much of a difference if any.

You'd be surprised... the air spring in shocks and dropper posts is really small, so even a tiny amount of air can make quite a big difference to the pressure.

Where did you get that? I need one that can do 600...

It's especially for a Fox DYAD RT2 rear shock. Uses the same connection as a regular shock pump though (not like some of those weird Marzo air valves).

But yeah, it's a Cannondale branded pump so maybe try Omnico?!

300psi is for sissies

post-10758-1383652505,9905.jpg

Where did you get that? I need one that can do 600...

Ye i dont have a big rig ..... yet,but i wouldnt say no to one that does 6hunt.

Good 300 prob better accuracy on a 300 shock though,thats the highest i own. :thumbup:

Ye i dont have a big rig ..... yet,but i wouldnt say no to one that does 6hunt.

Good 300 prob better accuracy on a 300 shock though,thats the highest i own. :thumbup:

My other shock pump is a Giant 300psi that I got for R150 at a LBS and it has served me just fine so far.

Its such a tiny amount of air i would presume, shouldn't make much of a difference if any.
You'd be surprised... the air spring in shocks and dropper posts is really small, so even a tiny amount of air can make quite a big difference to the pressure.

Yip when your shock is 300psi and sag is setup for weight,50 psi diff can be fairly big change,because its well .... 50psi :thumbup:

My other shock pump is a Giant 300psi that I got for R150 at a LBS and it has served me just fine so far.

Thats the one i have

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_za/parts/products/images/2000/2010/Pump%20Shock%20pump.jpg?

Thats the one i have

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/_generated/_generated_za/parts/products/images/2000/2010/Pump%20Shock%20pump.jpg?

Nope, mine looks more like this

http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/content/images/thumbs/0000671_marzocchi_low_pressure_shock_pump_0.jpeg

But I have a feeling that many shock pumps are just "badge engineered". Many of them seem to use the same body, and dial etc. It's just the logo, and sometimes the connection fitting that varies slightly.

ie. My el-cheapo Giant one looks the same as that Marzo one, which looks the same as an RS one (just not black). I'd also hazard a guess that the shock pump for a Scott Ransom comes from the same factory as the one for a Cannondale Jekyll (Both up to 600psi)

"made with a new 2-stage threaded connector"

• Anti Air-Loss Coupler against air deflation while removing pump from valve

A bleeder valve and Pressure-Rite™ connector makes setting proper pressures easy and eliminates air loss when disconnecting.

These all have 2 stage valves of sumsort..

I think any shock pump will do as long as you use the same one all the time. As far as I understand though, you should set up suspension according to sag and not pressure. I think most pumps will be in the ballpark if not on the button. Inflate to manufacturers suggested pressure and check your sag. Go for a ride and adjust accordingly. Write the settings down somewhere though.