Swim Stroke Correction

scuzzy

Hey Milky :D

See the website for total immersion. http://www.totalimmersionsa.co.za/

I did the course 2 years ago before my 1st 70.3 and Full IM. I have never felt more comfortable in the water. I know of 2 people that never learnt to swim....literally could not get into the water. Did the course and 4 months later they finished 70.3 swim well within cut-off. At the same time i know someone that bought the DVD and is still struggling.

i would suggest, if you have the cash to go for the course. But, i dont want to promise you any miracles. I find that i can go without swim training....and focus on the bike and run as i am comfortable in the water now. The only time i swim now is in open water over a weekend, as i find the pool boring. Gives me more time to improve my bike and run during the week.....an rest at night when i am tired.

Read up and make up your own mind. I went to a swim coach for 3 months....and they told me I am fine....but still battled doing more than a few laps. did the course over a weekend and i love the swim now.

Good luck!

Shot Joe this is exactly what i'm looking for, as i too find that after one lap in the pool i'm out of breath loosing focus & concentration, then start neglect the vitals & i resemble someone thats drowning.

I think read up on it and then make a decision. I know they do a weekend course in the main cities once a month. Never more than 8 people in the group, and it is over a weekend. Hands on drills.

i have never used any swimming aids (pool bouy, paddles etc).....hence the fect that i would rather go and swim 1500m in a dam....more exciting.

I was never a terrible swimmer, did the Midmar back when I was in High School, but when I started swimming again recently after signing up for IM I really struggled. Also couldnt do more than about 3 laps without almost drowning.

I watched a lot of Total Immersion videos on YouTube and got the basic idea of it from all of that (the course is too much for my budget). The principles of it though have helped me enormously, now about 3 months after starting swimming again, I can easily do 2500m non-stop and did the 5150 swim this weekend without any issues.

I have no doubt that the full Total Immersion course would really help, if just a few YouTube videos helped me that much. Im not particularly fast, but the principles have definitely helped me being able to swim long didtances - Its all essentially about relaxing and not fighting the water

Total Immersion gets my vote too. Took a course this time last year, really helped. Well worth the investment.

Obviously its a subjective thing, but I reckon it took about 20 min off my IM swim this year. :thumbup: