Yo Hope fans. Question inside

DR ◣◢

203mm V4 rotors vs the normal 203mm floating rotors. Are they worth the price premium.

Especially since I only ever ride the spruit. And by spruit I mean PDS.

Guest Omega Man

203mm V4 rotors vs the normal 203mm floating rotors. Are they worth the price premium.

Especially since I only ever ride the spruit. And by spruit I mean PDS.

I'm quite partial to the Shimano XT floating units myself. The look the dogs bollocks and don't cost the earth. You don't need hope specific rotors with the V4's like you do with the V2's

I'm quite partial to the Shimano XT floating units myself. The look the dogs bollocks and don't cost the earth. You don't need hope specific rotors with the V4's like you do with the V2's

I also like the look of the XT units. Clean and minimal. Not a huge fan of how the Hope units look.

Plus the vented rotors are R1200 each

I'm quite partial to the Shimano XT floating units myself. The look the dogs bollocks and don't cost the earth.

Yep, the main reason I run them. They also make this cool pulsing sound, love it.

Yep, the main reason I run them. They also make this cool pulsing sound, love it.

XT / SAINT ICE-TECH units at around R475 each?

Guest Omega Man

Also... Am I correct in saying you can run the Tech 3 V4 on a 183mm rotor at the back. IIRC the V2 only allowed 203mm rotors.

Checked the tech sheet http://www.hopetech....EVOX2-E4-V4.pdf

No mention of limitations.

The V2 rotors only come in 203 I think. There's no limit per se on the caliper. also the V2 rotor has a whole bunch of wasted material if you aren't running V2's so those aren't recommended. The vented rotors are a complete waste of time IMHO. They are heavy and ridiculously expensive.

I ride 203 in front and 160mm hope floating rotors, awesome stuff. I hate XT, so not comment on that, lol

The look is probably either love or hate.

Guest Omega Man

XT / SAINT ICE-TECH units at around R475 each?

Ja those are the boys. I have them on my Reign.

Get the ones with the built in poloni slicer!

http://www.cxmagazine.com/wp-content/gallery/shimano-ultegra-6870-di2-11-speed-hydraulic-disc-brake/cyclocross-sm-rt99-s_01_1-cxmagazine.jpg

Guest Omega Man

Get the ones with the built in poloni slicer!

http://www.cxmagazine.com/wp-content/gallery/shimano-ultegra-6870-di2-11-speed-hydraulic-disc-brake/cyclocross-sm-rt99-s_01_1-cxmagazine.jpg

Those don't come with normal attachments. Got to run Saint hubs.

Those don't come with normal attachments. Got to run Saint hubs.

That seems a bit limiting.

Any way, those crinkle cuts look fugly IMO.

Guest Omega Man

That seems a bit limiting.

Any way, those crinkle cuts look fugly IMO.

Agree.