94.7 MTB Race bottle necks

Spinsei

What about having a race route for A1/2 and a non-bottleneck route for the rest? Earn the right to race. Some of the road races and some Trailseekers had some Elite only distances. Honestly - I am not even remotely competitive and finish in the first 10%. This shows that all the real racers are in A1 (or maybe A2) and the rest would rather have an uncongested route than worry about being in contention.

Edited by TALUS

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about having a race route for A1/2 and a non-bottleneck route for the rest? Earn the right to race. Some of the road races and some Trailseekers had some Elite only distances. Honestly - I am not even remotely competitive and finish in the first 10%. This shows that all the real racers are in A1 (or maybe A2) and the rest would rather have an uncongested route than worry about being in contention.

I cant see that A1 and 2 was the cause of the problem. The elite riders go through those sections with such speed that by the time the slower riders get there they are almost done with their race. They must get a decent climb in the early stages of the race that will sort out the unfit from the fit and then have a technical jeep track or something then by the end of the race the riders should be riding in groups of similar capabilities and whatever you do, DO NOT put a bridge in a race with this amount of riders.

I agree. The early bridge WITH an impassable little part was a hold up even in the front half of A1.