Clear plastic Bike protection stuff

Guest Smimby

Where in cape town can one buy sheets of the clear think plastic stuff to use stick on your frame for protection?

R400 odd for few precut pieces is a bit high for my liking.

Any ideas?

Why don't you just contact maizey plastics.

They can sell you graphitac vynil. May not be as scratch resistant but it's pretty cheap and moulds nicely with a hairdryer. They have all colours, including clear.

I have my crank arms covered in it, took me 20o mins and they're perfect.

Grendel on thehubsa?

Does the graphitac vinyl have a adhesive backing? How thick is it?

Grendel on thehubsa?

Grebel... He's in KZN but he can ship it down to you. I'm picking mine up tonight if you want to see what it looks like on the bike. Where are you based?

Grendel on thehubsa?

Yes. It's adhesive and the same stuff they use for all those signs you see on the lamposts. It works great, and is thick enough to avoid abrasions and scratches.

You but it by the square meter so you can do all your own cutting and everything. I use it on everything, including car dash!

Grendel on thehubsa?

Oh, of course, Fluffy - you're in DBVille, right? Near the "broken one" (dizzzzzz)

I can bring it around for you to have a look at if you want, and let you knwo how it looks when I pick it up later today...

Birzman Frame and crank protector - R65.00 for STS. I'm sure you can get in CT somewhere.

Just googled it and CWC used to stock it. Even advertised it on the hub.

Edited by Dazshell

Pm me if you interested. My company will be putting various options together soon. Price per set will vary from R150 - R250 depending on what material is required. A basic set will consist of: 2x chain slap protector, cranks and about 20 circle square and rectangle shapes in various sizes. Material to choose from will be clear 120mic, clear 250mic, or either of these with a colour base in various colours or a custom print with the 120 or 250 mic clear cover. All materials are vehicle grade cast vinyls so they are conformable and the adhesion very robust but can be removed with little or no glue residue. As soon as I get a gap I will put up a post with pics, colours and the basic sticker set.

Action cycles in town and you get a metre length for R60....The good stuff too....3M clear helicopter tape

I cover all out rental bikes in it and have bought buckets loads of offcuts of 3M vinyl tape. I can sell you enough to cover your bike for R150, but it'll be up to you to cut it and stick it all on (time consuming). Come by to pick up.