Specialized Camber carbon expert 2014

Gideondv

Stumpjumper FS,more travel means more fun,maybe that's just me.

Stumpy fsr is a lovely bike, I cant and wont argue that Sir.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NEVER EVER :ph34r:

Dropper makes a massive difference had mine 6 weeks now and it has transformed my riding,but as they say different strokes for different folks.

Dropper makes a massive difference had mine 6 weeks now and it has transformed my riding,but as they say different strokes for different folks.

To be really really honest. I have never ever tried it. What worries me is the weight disadvantage? I ride mainly xc, non competitive. But also like to play once in a while, thats why I have the camber and not the Epic. But I also dont want a heavy bike when doing 50, 60km races. Keen to give it a try one day.

To be really really honest. I have never ever tried it. What worries me is the weight disadvantage? I ride mainly xc, non competitive. But also like to play once in a while, thats why I have the camber and not the Epic. But I also dont want a heavy bike when doing 50, 60km races. Keen to give it a try one day.

Yea makes sense that,my max for racing is 50km and down and doing Enduros so there weight is not much of a issue,would be easier to to lose weight from the 98kg I weigh

The Cambers are superb, however, stay away from the entry level ones. They are too heavy, I have my eye on the new S -works camber, they tested it and it weighed 10,46kg. That is with a dropper post and trail tyres. Thats just a little bit heavier than a s works epic. These things are xc racers one day, and trail bikes the next day.

Hi Johny, must have been a small camber without pedals & swat.. Full sus reviewed the Camber sworks (Large) and it weighed 11.3kg race ready (with swat, pedals etc. ) Im proud to say my XL camber expert with dropper post (500g) race ready (swat tools, pedals, bottle cage) weighs 12.6kg ( front rotor 200mm , back 180mm + ground control tyres 2.3 & 2.1)

Hi Johny, must have been a small camber without pedals & swat.. Full sus reviewed the Camber sworks (Large) and it weighed 11.3kg race ready (with swat, pedals etc. ) Im proud to say my XL camber expert with dropper post (500g) race ready (swat tools, pedals, bottle cage) weighs 12.6kg ( front rotor 200mm , back 180mm + ground control tyres 2.3 & 2.1)

Think it was a medium, tubeless etc etc. Still super light, imho.

Quote from full sus.

" This is the first bike that I immediately noticed how light it is while riding. 11.3kgs light – I went to the LBS and weighed it – and couldn’t believe that a full sus bike with dropper and SWAT extras could come in so light! Plus I was riding a large frame. Did I mention it felt so light?"

How much weight does a dropper add vs a normal seatpost??

Negligible when taking into consideration how much it actually improves the bike. About 250g though, depending on the current post and which dropper you are going for. But seriously. You shouldn't be worried about the weight of a dropper. Imo it's a critical item for all mtbs