First Ascent and Rocket now make Triathlon Kit

davem

One of my great discoveries at the 94.7 expo were that both First Ascent and Rocket will be bringing triathlon kit to market shortly.

First Ascent has both male and female kit on display but none for sale. Talking to the staffer there, it will be in Sportmans Warehouse in about three weeks.

They will have both Tri Top, Tri Shorts and one piece suit.

The RRP will be R999 for the suit and the same for a Top and Shorts combo.

The kit on display looked fantastic. Black and grey with a white back panel. Materials looked first class.

Pockets were slim with the small panel over the opening so it can't catch water while you swim.

Chamois was slim and looked comfortable. Looked similar to the Orca chamois.

The gear is imported from their manufacturer overseas.

Rocket had some items on display which were clearly not ready for production. Had a long chat with the lady in charge and she was very receptive to comments on what works and what does not. Look forward to seeing what they come up with. Target price for them was R800 for a one piece suit.

The gear will be made locally.

At last we have some local players to turn this industry on its head. Had heart palpitations when I saw Troisport selling basic Orca suits at the 5150 expo for R1950.00.

Edited by davem

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the update.

Rocket make some great quality gear. The fact that their factory is literally right next door to my office also helps :)

I've bought quite a few pairs of bibs from them and they've outlasted pretty much everything else I've bought. Will definitely look at buying from them if they bring something out.

Ok found on Triangle Sports site:

Top R799

Pants R899

They also have a singlet at R300 for training.

Any shops sell it in Jhb?

Ok found on Triangle Sports site:

Top R799

Pants R899

They also have a singlet at R300 for training.

Any shops sell it in Jhb?

Speak to Jeff at Triangle in PE - he will post it over night. I really like their stuff

Dave,

This would not have been for the Basic suit but for the 226 Kompress Race Suit. Take a look at www.fluidlines.co.za and you will see we have a range of suit and many below the prices quoted here.

Dave,

This would not have been for the Basic suit but for the 226 Kompress Race Suit. Take a look at www.fluidlines.co.za and you will see we have a range of suit and many below the prices quoted here.

Hi

I have been on your website many times. Once I got some good deals. Most of time items are only available in XS or XL. Went on today found two items and put them in the cart. Showed in the panel on right. Clicked to go to the cart (ie the button immediately underneath the list of items in the cart.)

Then told me no items in the cart. Lost interest, wasn't going to go through every item again to find the ones where there was stock in my size.

The website is basically end of line/clearance stock and is painful to use.

I urgently want a tritop. Sportmans Warehouse want R1050 for the entry level Core Top and R950 for the Core Pants. Eish.

Hi

I have been on your website many times. Once I got some good deals. Most of time items are only available in XS or XL. Went on today found two items and put them in the cart. Showed in the panel on right. Clicked to go to the cart (ie the button immediately underneath the list of items in the cart.)

Then told me no items in the cart. Lost interest, wasn't going to go through every item again to find the ones where there was stock in my size.

The website is basically end of line/clearance stock and is painful to use.

I urgently want a tritop. Sportmans Warehouse want R1050 for the entry level Core Top and R950 for the Core Pants. Eish.

What size top you looking for?

One of my great discoveries at the 94.7 expo were that both First Ascent and Rocket will be bringing triathlon kit to market shortly.

First Ascent has both male and female kit on display but none for sale. Talking to the staffer there, it will be in Sportmans Warehouse in about three weeks.

They will have both Tri Top, Tri Shorts and one piece suit.

The RRP will be R999 for the suit and the same for a Top and Shorts combo.

The kit on display looked fantastic. Black and grey with a white back panel. Materials looked first class.

Pockets were slim with the small panel over the opening so it can't catch water while you swim.

Chamois was slim and looked comfortable. Looked similar to the Orca chamois.

The gear is imported from their manufacturer overseas.

Rocket had some items on display which were clearly not ready for production. Had a long chat with the lady in charge and she was very receptive to comments on what works and what does not. Look forward to seeing what they come up with. Target price for them was R800 for a one piece suit.

The gear will be made locally.

At last we have some local players to turn this industry on its head. Had heart palpitations when I saw Troisport selling basic Orca suits at the 5150 expo for R1950.00.

DaveM

At the OFM expo Rocket had a sale. I got you 2 x cycling shorts for R100 a piece. I also saw a one piece tri suit which I got for R700.

It is awesome as I have trained in it so I am not sure if you saw the same suit?

I will race with it on Sunday - it fits nicely over my fur.

Rocket kit is great but they have made a big mistake with First ascent. Terrible stuff, badly made, no quality checks. I have always had a problem with FA but Rocket =100%

DaveM

At the OFM expo Rocket had a sale. I got you 2 x cycling shorts for R100 a piece. I also saw a one piece tri suit which I got for R700.

It is awesome as I have trained in it so I am not sure if you saw the same suit?

I will race with it on Sunday - it fits nicely over my fur.

Saw the Rocket at the 94.7 expo as said in my original post. Needs some development work in my opinion. Pockets were too baggy. Seam under crotch was not flat locked. Could see it being quite painful.

They were very receptive to input. Next versions should be interesting.

Saw the Rocket at the 94.7 expo as said in my original post. Needs some development work in my opinion. Pockets were too baggy. Seam under crotch was not flat locked. Could see it being quite painful.

They were very receptive to input. Next versions should be interesting.

What does flat locked mean?